Saturday, March 14, 2020

Thinking of You

Hello, everyone!  Thanks for stopping by for this sweet little card I made today.  And....can you believe it?  This card is absolutely flat.  No lumpy embellishments on this one.  That's rare for me, as those of you who know me best are very much aware.  Right?  Anyway...I still had fun adding layers of stickers/borders, etc. and inking them; along with the coordinating patterned papers from an Echo Park line that I pulled from my stash.  I hadn't used this Prima bicycle stamp in quite a while either.  The sentiment that goes with this bicycle stamp set didn't fit on the tag, so I used a Stamp Simply Clear Stamps (thinking of you) instead.
Lots of inking of my stickers, borders, patterned papers, cardstocks (two - red/teal), miniature staples, inks, and pretty  much everything I used give my card's layers just enough texture that I wasn't tempted to keep adding more.  This card can be easily mailed, which I also love.  Below is the link to the challenge that inspired this card.  I hope you're having fun playing along in some challenges and creating cards this week as well.
Some people don't think red and pink go together, but I disagree.  I especially love the red with light and bright pinks, the teals, and all the other great colors in this collection.  It was sure nice having the opportunity to pull out this older Prima bicycle stamp to give it some use.  It's been too long.  And, thanks again for stopping by.

Blessings,
Karen

Here's that link I mentioned:

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Wheels - Obviously, my wheels are those of the bicycle I stamped using a Prima stamp.

As You Like It And Why - Spring Or Easter? - That's a tough one, so I'll say Spring.  The reason WHY is because Spring represents all things new, and a fresh start.  I'm celebrating Spring with some fun bright cards.  Bicycling is always a fun Spring activity.  But then again, so is Easter.  LOL

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Karen - loving the vintage feel it has. I do like pink and red together too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win at Mod Squad - Whoot Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi I also had some problems picking what I like more Spring or easter. Love your fabulous card. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and so pretty with all the pinks for Spring.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.