Saturday, December 12, 2020

25 Days of Christmas With Paper Sweeties

Welcome by again today, everyone!  It's already Day 12 of the 25 Days of Christmas With Paper Sweeties, and I've got a SUPER SWEET card to share with you all today.  There are so many great Christmas products carried at Paper Sweeties so it's easy to come up with something cute.  This is a PERFECT TIME for you to treat yourself (and your crafty friends/relatives) to a few Christmas gifts.  By stopping at Paper Sweeties for some inspiration, you'll quickly fall in love with their sweet products and find something that you "need" to add to your crafting collection.  All their products are OH, SO sweet.
Every now and then, I surprise myself and come up with a really cute card.  This is one of those that I actually think turned out really sweet.  But then again, when you're working with Paper Sweeties products, you're always sure to create something sweet.  I was inspired on this card by a former Paper Sweeties DT Member named Char Cundy.  Her inspiration card can be here on Pinterest.
Char's card is, much like mine, one of those that can't ever be duplicated exactly because it's put together with bits of this and that from our stashes.  Mine includes cardstock, patterned papers, a glassine bag, some antique wooden spoon wrappers, colored miniature staples, baker's twine, washi tape, vintage scotch tape and a tab/insert.  All the patterned papers, washi tape and the tab/insert (on top right) are from a Crate Paper line called Bundled Up.   Everything else is pretty much from Paper Sweeties.
I stamped the sentiment/tree using the Meet Me Under The Mistletoe Stamp Set in Red Poppy Ink and pressure embossed the back of that with a music embossing folder.  I cut the backdrop of the sentiment/tree using the Rectangle Scalloped Frames to showcase the focal point.  I  also stamped a few of the small leaves and holly berries image found in our Sweet Mini/Home Stamp Set and stamped them in Coal Black Ink onto pieces of glassine bag and on pieces of antique wooden spoon wrapper.
I colored the leaves with my Copics (which you can barely see) and I stamped the berries onto pink patterned paper and inked them with the Ballerina Ink Pad and then cut them with the Sweet Mini: Home Sweet Cuts.  Some of the little clusters have a few miniature floral prills around them.  And I do realize that I shared quite a few of pictures of this card, but I really wanted you to be able to see all the little bits and bobbits I added to make it so sweet.
Like I said, I know there's a lot packed into this one little card, and I apologize; but I wanted to at least attempt to list everything just in case someone cares (lol).  I like attempting to "recreate" cards I see that I love.  They give me a starting place, and then I can put my own "spin" on it.  I guess that's what Pinterest is really all about after all.  And before I run off, I'm sharing one last photo with you.  I also created a matching envelope for this sweet card.  It includes some washi tape, vintage scotch tape, and two holly/berry clusters from the Sweet Mini Duo Home Stamp Set.
There's always something extra SWEET💕 at Paper Sweeties to help you make something extra special.  I know for sure exactly to whom I'll be sending this card for Christmas.  She's gonna LOVE it as much as I do.  Don't forget to join us each day this month on the Paper Sweeties Blog for more inspiration, and thanks again for stopping by today.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm sharing this card/envelope set here in these FUN challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Let It Snow" - I hope my card says snow, Christmas, and all things Winter.


Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Use Your Favorite Technique" - I'd have to say that my favorite technique is stamping, which I did.  I also love pressure embossing which I did with a music folder.  Finally, I LOVE to include vintage items in my crafting; and this card uses some antique wrappers from small wooden spoons.

As You Like It Challenges:  Favorite Christmas Movie - Mine is.....The Christmas Tree (with Sally Field).   I made a sweet Christmas Tree in honor of this  movie.

ABC Christmas Challenge:  Y and Z are for "Your Favorite Things" and Zzzz Sleeping" - I decided to go with YOUR Favorite Things.....Vintage Things are my favorites.  I used glassine bags, and pieces of a glassine wrapper from an antique wooden spoon.

Cardz TV: Cardz TV Challenge #129 - Anything Goes - I always love to play along with Mary and friends at Cardz TV.

Color My Heart Color Dare: Challenge #424 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colors - While there is some red and green, they aren't "traditional"....it's a softer mint green, and the red is more of an accent.  My primary colors are white, pink and teal/mint.

Dare 2 B Artzy - December Challenge: Holiday Fun

15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous make you have here Karen--- I like all the bits and bobs you used on this beautiful creation-- each added item is a treasure!! This is truly a keepsake - TFS and have a Merry CHRISTmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely traditional feeling Christmas card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. I love everything about it, especially your colors. I'm sorry I have to delete it from the challenge, but thanks for playing along with us over at the Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas tree has turned out really well and fab traditional coloured papers to go with it. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots of loveliness going on in one card. You have combined everything very well and given your non traditional Christmas card a vintage feel. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas tree this is as a nod to the film of the same name!! Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all the details on your card - so much to take in but it is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colours! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful layers on your card. It's a feast for the eyes! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your word tree against the embossed background and pretty border frames... very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful mix of papers that you have brought together beautifully with so many pretty details.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all the textures on this card. Thank you for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge for non-traditional Christmas colours. I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Christmas card with a lot of beautiful details. Thanks for joining the Y and Z challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.