Monday, April 26, 2021

Sending Hugs......Again

You can never send too many hugs, right?  Well, I sent out some hugs to you all yesterday; and I'm back again today to send another hug your way.  Consider yourself hugged......again.  Yesterday I shared a cute little glassine bag project I made for a friend.  Today I'm sharing a card and a cute matching tag to go along with it.  I like including a tag, or a bookmark, etc. inside the cards I send.  It just adds a little something extra.  Another little "hug" you might say.  
I cut the tag using For You Sweet Cuts, and I stencilled some circles and brushed on grey oxide ink to create the background on my patterned paper.  The stamped sentiment (Sending Hugs) and the Kleenex box (stamp and die) are from Paper Sweeties.  The tag is very simple.  It's tied at the top with Cupcake Seam Binding and Bubblegum Seam Binding.
My card started with some pink cardstock to which I attached some pretty Kaiser Craft Miss Betty patterned papers that I machine stitched together.  I love adding stitching - either by machine or hand-stitching.  It adds such great texture to any project, as you can see on this card.  I used an old Top Dog Dies alpha set to cut my sentiment (HUGS) from patterned paper.  The rolled paper flowers are from the dollar bins at Michaels.  They were a lucky find.....really pretty.
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card and tag.  I will  be sharing one of these projects on Instagram so that I can link them both to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme this week is Sending Hugs.  I'm always delighted to play along at these fun challenges when I possibly can; and this week, I was blessed to have the time to create some projects using this sweet theme.
As I mentioned before, we can all use some extra hugs right now.  I'm sending hugs your way, and I hope you can feel them through my projects.  Have a blessed week, and please visit me again soon.  It's always a treat to have you stop by to say hello.  Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I really do appreciate you.

Blessings,
Karen

Here's where I'm SO happy to be playing along:





6 comments:

  1. Karen - I love your fabulous idea of the "hug cards." I inspired to send some out now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags. The colors are lovely and calming. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huggy good work here! Turned out lovely - like the sewing, flowers, the rulers!!, all of it! Nice art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous Karen - this is so sweet and will make somebody's day when they receive it!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Di and I are going to be fighting over this card as it is so our colours. I just love all the embellishments used and of course al the snippets. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs A said it all - what a lovely card this is. Great work and so much detail in 'our colours'.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.