Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Shoot For The Stars w/Brutus Monroe

Welcome back, everyone!  I'm over-the-moon delighted that you've stopped by to visit me today.  It's always awesome knowing your thoughts about my cards, and hearing what you're up to in the crafting world.  Y'all inspire me SO much, and I hope this fun little card inspires you just enough to stop by Brutus Monroe to check out the Inspiration Boxes (and possibly a whole lot more, as they carry just about everything).
This sweet little card started with some of the lovely cardstocks (turquoise, orange, etc.) found in the Reach For The Stars Inspiration Box.  I used them to create my card base, and I used a piece of the pretty silky ribbon (in turquoise) to run a border across my card.  The background was created by using Mermaid Lagoon and Spiced Marmalade Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.
Next I stamped the ADORABLE rocket using the stamp set and coordinating die-cuts found in the Reach For The Stars Inspiration Box.  I also used some of the smaller accent stamps in this set (stars, "rocket thrust exhaust", sentiment, etc.) on the background as well as some of the cute glittery gold foam stars from this Inspiration Box.  A few of the coordinating sequins from this Inspiration Box were the finishing touches.
Finally, for the photo; I used a length of Black Baker's Twine to tether the astronaut (pin) to his spaceship/rocket to do some space exploration.  The black card where the astronaut is "floating in space" was treated with the super COOL White Chroma Mist found in the Inspiration Box. Once it had dried, I used the awesome Galaxy Embossing Folder (also found in this Inspiration Box) to emboss the cool constellation space background.  Let me just say....this Reach For The Stars Inspiration Box is FILLED with darling products to help you explore your creativity.
Thanks again for visiting me today, and please stop by again soon.  I'm SO super grateful for your visits and comments.  Have a wonderfully creative week, everyone.  Brutus Monroe has LOTS of great things to help spark your creativity.

Blessings,
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Create a Scene" - I created an outer space scene, and I even have the astronaut floating out in space.  He's REALLY creating a scene....LOL.

Dare 2B Artzy Challenge - June Challenge: Masculine

2 comments:

  1. A pair of fabulous cards Karen - out of this world, in fact :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cool and Fun!! I absolutely love it!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.