Sunday, June 13, 2021

I'm A Happy Camper

Yes, I'm a happy camper.  However, that's a metaphorical phrase in my case.  I don't actually go camping much any more (other than the occasional glamping we do now and then); but in life in general, I'll say that I'm a happy camper.  Now, our middle daughter, son-in-law, grandson and soon-to-be grand daughter are REALLY TRULY "happy campers".  They kinda have to be since......they live in a camper.  They are missionaries on deputation, so they're travelling quite a bit.  Sometimes they have the luxury of staying with a family or in a hotel (when a sponsoring church does so); but for the most part, they live in their cute little trailer.  I'm giving this card to my daughter to give her hubby.  She enjoys giving him cards, words of encouragement, etc.
I used some cardstock and patterned papers from my super stash.  I think it's Echo Park, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  I can check if anyone actually really wants to know.  I used a few Paper Sweeties stamps including the trailer, the tree, and the sentiment.  I colored everything with my Copics to create my outdoor scene.
Can you believe that I made a card with NO ribbons whatsoever?  That's rare for me.  I did add one of those cute little Tim Holtz miniature rusty paper clips up at the top right.  I find myself liking to use those for an extra touch of cuteness here and there.  We all have our go-to moves, right?  The ephemera is also from the patterned paper pad.
You can find the stamps I used here at Paper Sweeties.  Everything else is pretty basic.  I'll be sharing my little woodsy scene in a couple of fun challenges.  I always enjoy being able to play along in a challenge when I'm able.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek and say hello.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Create A Scene"


As You Like It Challenge Blog - CAS or Fancy, and Why? - For me, it's easy.  FANCY!  Always.  Why?  It's because I'm simply not good at CAS.  I always tend to keep adding, and adding, and adding.  I can't stop myself sometimes.  I have yet to master the CAS card.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Karen - love the wee scene, and the reason why behind the card too!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Karen. Great design and scene. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.