Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Rub-A-Dub-Dub With Brutus Monroe

Welcome back by, everyone.  If you haven't heard my BIG, FUN and super exciting news yet; I've joined the Inspiration Box Design Team for Brutus Monroe.  These amazing Inspiration Boxes are SO much fun, and the creative possibilities are absolutely endless.  I've already created several cards, and I'm just getting started.  Each Inspiration Box is filled with so many great products including Brutus Monroe stamps and coordinating accessories to accompany them according to the theme of each Inspiration Box released.
The Inspiration Box I used for this ADORABLE card is the Splish Splash Inspiration Box which was released in April of this year.  It has an Easter/Spring/Bath Time theme.  I used some of the colored cardstocks from the Inspiration Box along with some of my own to create the card base.  I used a piece of white cardstock, some Tim Holtz Oxide Inks, and the CUTE brick design Stencil found in the Splish Splash Inspiration Box to create my fun colorful background.
I stamped the bathtub in black ink using the DARLING new stamp set found in the Splish Splash Inspiration Box as well as the bubbles and the sentiment.  Once I'd stamped the bubbles in black, I also stamped them in embossing ink and used the FUN Shimmering Embossing Powder found in the Inspiration Box to emboss the bubbles and give them some sparkle and fun.  I did some coloring with  my Copics, and placed a few kisses of ultra-fine white glitter on a few of the bubbles.
I ran some of the cute (yellow and seafoam) silky ribbon across my card, and I also added several of the pretty sequins from the Sequin Assortment found in the Splish Splash Inspiration Box.  Yes, it's FILLED with so many wonderful things.  In the Inspiration Box, there are also several little paper sheets with different designs (bubbles, ducks, etc.) that are intended for foiling.  However, I'm not a "foiler", so I used the sheets to fussy cut LOTS of fun bubbles that I colored with my Copics, fussy cut by hand, and attached here, there, and everywhere....kinda like the pretty sequins.  And finally, there was something missing from my card RIGHT where you now see that ADORABLE little duck🦆.  Each Inspiration Box contains a pin (like a collector's pin of sorts) and in the Splish Splash Box, the pin is this darling little yellow duck.  I placed that little duck right in the rub full of bubbles, and he's quite happy there.  RUB-A-DUB-DUB.  I'm having a BLAST creating with the Inspiration Boxes from Brutus Monroe, and I think you will love them, too.  You can find all the Inspiration Boxes here; as well as hundreds of other fabulous products.
Before I run off today, I'm sharing one more project with you.  Brutus Monroe is doing a collaboration with Bearly Art Glue to promote their AMAZING glue and products.  This project is a simple glassine bag that I folded in half.  I used the Bearly Art Glue to adhere the washi tapes to the front creating a beautiful background.  I know that by using this Bearly Art Glue, these beautiful strips of washi tape will stay in place.
Another thing that I LOVE about the Bearly Art Glue is that it comes with the most AMAZING tips and applicators.  I've owned this THANKS die-cut for years; but I don't use it very often because the script is SO fine that it's always been difficult to find an adhesive that will be precise enough to get on all those fine lines.  Well, the Bearly Glue Art comes with the perfect applicator tips.  I'm finally able to use these more delicate items I'd been avoiding.
I used the inside fold of the glassing bag to add a bookmark.  I ran some more of the beautiful Shiny Sherbet Washi Tape on a smaller glassine bag.  And again, I used the Bearly Glue Art to adhere the foliage to the gift card holder.  Who wouldn't love getting a Starbucks card tucked inside a lovely gift like this?  Well, Bearly Glue Art and Brutus Monroe are always there to help you find the perfect products for your next creation.  Thanks for stopping by, and please visit again soon.

Blessings to you,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - ANIMAL ANTICS - I'm entering my top card with the cute duck in the tub.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cards. The duck would be a perfect baby shower/new birth card. Love it and the bubbles/sequins. The other card.. wow colors and the gold is awesome Love your works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, I absolutely love the THANKS card with all the different papers and vellum & gold glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.