Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Just A Note - Butterfly

You know how some projects are just more of a struggle than others?  Well.....this was one of those projects for me.  In fact, I made one project for this post that I didn't "love"; and I ended up coming back and creating a second project for this post.  Let me start over.  This project was created using a brand new Die-of-the-Month from Brutus Monroe.  It's a very detailed butterfly.  One of our fearless (and talented) leaders, Christopher from Brutus Monroe, shared This Tutorial using these dies.  I would highly recommend following his suggestion of using the adhesive foam to keep all the little bits in place.  Unless, of course, you enjoy a good puzzle.  It has lots of cute little circles and pieces for adding layers.  Here's my first project which, as I mentioned, I wasn't really happy with at all.
When I started my second project, I still didn't have any of the foam adhesive paper that Christopher used in His Tutorial; but instead I chose to work with wool felt.  There are two butterflies in this Die-of-the-Month set.  My first project, above, uses the larger butterfly.  My second project, below, uses the smaller more rounded butterfly.  I cut the butterfly in three different colors of wool felt (two peachy pinks and a cream).  Using Bearly Art Glue and the fabulous little tools/fine tips it comes with, I layered the felts to give my butterfly lots of dimension and color.  I glued every little piece right where I thought the colors looked most life-like and realistic.
I cut the butterfly's body from green wool felt, and also used some of the green felt scraps on the body of my butterfly.  Some Moon Dust Stickles and flower prills gave the butterfly even more dimension and glimmer.  I placed a French knot using yellow DMC floss as the butterfly's eyeball. Once finished, the butterfly flew around the room and landed here on this sweet tag.  It's all ready for placing atop a gift.  Here's a closer look.
The moral of this story is.....when a project is giving you stress and grief, walk away from it.  Give it some time, gather some inspiration, and come back to it with fresh eyes when your head is in a better place.  Just like a butterfly morphs from one thing to another; so can your creativity.  I hope you'll stop by Brutus Monroe to look around and see what sparks YOUR creativity.  Make something beautiful.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
CRAFT-alnica:  Challenge #292 - WOMAN - My butterfly tag will be going on top of a gift bag for a friend from church who needs some encouragement.  I'm blessed to have many strong wise women in my life, and I thank God for them.
CRAFT-alnica

6 comments:

  1. These are darling, thanks for the tips and off to check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your projects are great - like the use of that wool!! Nice work and I am sure your friend will be awed at our talent - have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked close to both butterfly's you did an amazing job I love this butterfly
    Have a Blessed weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked close to both butterfly's you did an amazing job I love this butterfly
    Have a Blessed weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at CRAFT-alnica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and tag. Thank you for joining us at Craft-alnica. Goga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.