Thursday, November 25, 2021

Christmas Is Coming at SNSS

Christmas will be here before we know it.  When I actually think about it, I get a bit overwhelmed with all that needs to be done before company arrives and things get crazy (the good kind of crazy, of course).  We're getting our middle daughter, her husband, and two of our grandbabies (Bennett 2 and Bethany 2 mo.) for a whole month.  Before then, I've got LOTS to do....including Christmas cards.  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is helping me with that.
I started with a blue and a red cardstock, and then I made the mistake of stamping the entire background (and ornaments) onto cork.  I'm now wishing I had only used the cork for the ornaments; but I wasn't going to start over.  I used the Vintage Doily Stencil for the first background (blue) and then stamped over that using the Texture Tiles 1 Stamp Set.
You can see here in the close-up photo where I went wrong by using all that cork.  It's just too busy or something.  Nonetheless, let's move on.  I machine stitched the edges of everything using gold thread.  I also hung the ornaments from gold thread.  I used the Wonder of Christmas Stamp Set for the (Merry Christmas) sentiment.
These pretty Christmas ornaments, which I embossed in gold, can be found in the new Antique Ornaments Stamp Set.  I do LOVE the way you can easily combine all the stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy as they complement one another so nicely.  You're sure to find something awesome when you shop at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and this month there are some really FAB sales so don't miss out on all the inspiration, fun and bargains.  Thanks so much for visiting.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
The Card Concept - Challenge #164 - Rustic Holiday - I used several of the warm rustic Winter colors in the photo (reds, gold, browns, warm tones).  I also used cork to represent the wood elements.  I guess my style would be Shabby Chic/Vintage.  I enjoy nontraditional elements and lots of layer/texture.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just stunning, such wonderful detail, stamping on the cork looks terrific and the stitching just puts it over the edge!
    Enjoy the time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I agree with Connie- this is gorgeous Karen! Love all of the ornaments and your attention to detail is amazing, sweet friend! So thrilled that you shared with us at The Card Concept and sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time with your family! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative to use the cork! Your card is stunning! Thanks for sharing your card with us here at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.