Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Life Is Delicious w/Brutus Monroe

Well, believe it or not, this is my last post for Brutus Monroe.  I've been on their Inspiration Box Design Team for the past six months; and this is the end.  I trust that God has great new things ahead for me, so I'm not sad about stepping down from this team.  But in the meantime.....just look at this CUTE card that I made using the new Sugar & Spice Inspiration Box.  I also used a brand new Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder on the background.
Each Inspiration Box contains several sheets of various colored cardstocks, so I used the black cardstock for my base.  My second layer was a piece of white cardstock that I stamped and embossed with a brand new golden Embossing Powder from Brutus Monroe.  It has a cool shimmer to it, so I'm trying to get you a photo at an angle where you see the glimmer it gives your card.  Kinda like a like glitter dusting, only it's inside the embossing powder.  Really cool!
So after I embossed the background, I rubbed various yellow/gold Tim Holtz Oxide Inks onto the background to create an ombre effect.  Since I had this cool golden background, I stamped the cake three times, colored it in yellow/gold Copic colors, added some glitter to the frosting, and used the coordinating die-cuts to cut the cakes.  I placed some on 3-D Foam Tape to raise them, and adhered them to the card.  I used a sentiment strip to create the cute sentiment "Life Is Delicious" at the top.
The little hearts and dots are also found in the Sugar & Spice Stamp and Die Set included in this Inspiration Box.  The cute small accent stamps are super fun to fill in bare spaces as I did here.  I also added a red bow using the silky ribbon found in the Inspiration Box, as well as a few sequins.  I don't think there's any possible way you could go wrong with this DARLING Inspiration Box.  Everything I've created is super cute just because these stamps, dies and goodies are SO super cute.

Thanks again for stopping by to take a peek at my final card for Brutus Monroe.  If you ever lose your mojo, just remember the Inspiration Box from Brutus Monroe.  It's a sure way to spark your creativity.  Happy crafting, everyone!

Blessings,
karen

I'm playing along in this FUN PARTY challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says It's A PARTY

2 comments:

  1. Those cakes are so cute on that card! I am confident that God had BIG plans for you! 💗You are an amaaaazing designer and would be a fabulous addition to any DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I like your photography also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.