Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Card Concept Challenges Continue

Hurray!  The challenges over at The Card Concept have resumed, and that means you can come play along with us.  We always enjoy seeing your wonderful creativity; and for this challenge, there are TWO different inspiration photo options.  I chose to follow sketch 187b Winter Snow inspiration photo (shown below).  You can choose to follow either inspiration photo, or perhaps, even one card for each.  We can't wait to see what you will create to share with us.
I used basic black cardstock and then cut a piece of corrugated cardboard for my second layer.  I cut a second piece of the black cardstock and I used white chalk ink to shade the edges of both black cardstock pieces to give it a snowy look.  Next. I used a stamp from the O Christmas Tree Stamp Set from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps for the tree and a sentiment from the Christmas Stockings & Mittens Stamp Set from Stamp Simply and stamped both with the white chalk ink.
I added some little white foam balls to the Christmas tree, and one green sequin to my card.  The greenery sticks are from Crate Paper; and I tied three of them together with a length of Black Licorice Baker's Twine to give my card the touch of greenery I was seeking.  I really liked the wood elements, the black chalkboard and greenery combination so my choices allowed me to incorporate all of these things.
What inspires you about these inspiration photos?  We always look forward to seeing how your amazing creativity is sparked by the gorgeous inspiration photos we share.  There's also some great inspiration on the The Card Concept Blog from our Design Team.  We sure do hope that you'll stop by to play along with us and share your wonderful art with us.  Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I appreciate your visits and comments and look forward to seeing you out there in blog land.

I'm sharing my card here:
Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - SNOW - I was inspired by the pretty snow-covered trees.

Colorful Options Challenge Blog - January: Black - I was drawn to the black background and I always enjoy that as my card base.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen, love the use of corrugated paper in the BG. Thanks for message regarding the link up to DCD. That sure explains it. See you in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Love the texture on this beautiful card Karen. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Minda think alike. I just make a card simmer for another challenge yesterday LOL. I love the card Great Embellishments I also used the same stamp . You Have a Blessed Say and week
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing Karen - love all the texture the corrugated card gives without detracting from that beautiful stamped panel
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply fabulous!! I especially love the chalkboard look. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Love the chalkboard effect on this. The corrugated background gives great dimension. Thanks for sharing at the Colorful Options January Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful design Karen! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.