Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A New Challenge at The Card Concept

Welcome by today, friends.  It's time for a new challenge at The Card Concept and we hope that you'll come play along with us.  There are two different inspiration photos for this challenge.  You can decide what speaks to your creativity and just create whatever you're inspired to design.  My card drew a bit of inspiration from both of the photos.  It's primarily based on the photo posted below, but I also used a butterfly which is from the other inspiration photo.  You can see both, get inspired, and link up your cards over on The Card Concept Challenge Blog.
I started with basic white cardstock and also a piece of teal cardstock to layer my card.  On the second piece of white cardstock, I used an embossing folder to give it some wonderful texture.  I also painted on some Fossilized Amber Oxide Ink for added color.  This is why I considered my card Clean & Layered as described here on The Card Concept Blog.
The butterfly stamp & die I used are from Brutus Monroe.  I doubled it up and lifted the wing so it would look like the butterfly was resting on the flower branch.  The flowers were created using a die cut and more oxide inks.  The stamped sentiment is from Carta Bella Spring Market.
I do hope that you'll stop by The Card Concept to play along in this fun challenge.  We always enjoy and appreciate your participation and look forward to seeing what you will create to share with us.  Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.
Here's where I'll be sharing my card:
Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge Blog - Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Rainbows - I didn't incorporate a rainbow on this card, but I did use a cool embossing folder for my background.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Whatever the Weather - This card depicts Spring weather when things are blooming, and the butterflies are fluttering in our gardens.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - This week, Simon Says "Recycle It" so I used small paper scraps (most people would have thrown away these tiny scraps) to die-cut the flowers/stems.  I didn't want to use a new piece of white paper, so I simply used tiny paper scraps to cut the flowers and the butterflies.

Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. very pretty, like how you added touches of yellow to the card, pretty butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created and love the sentiment!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this is a CAS masterpiece Karen - loving your colours and the fabulous design. The embossed panel is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card I love every little detail on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.