Saturday, July 1, 2023

Hello Sweet Friend at The Four Seasons

Are you ready for another FUN and fabulous challenge?  Well, it's Summer and we're celebrating over at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.  We're inviting you to share your art with us this month with anything and everything that says Summer to you and to your creativity.  The gorgeous inspiration photo has so many great elements to help get your creativity in motion.
This is what the inspiration photo inspired me to create for this challenge.  I was drawn to the lemons, the patterns and the beautiful navy gingham in the photo. I used white cardstock and gingham patterned paper from JilliBean Soup.  On the second layer of white cardstock, I rubbed Navy and Lemonade Oxide Inks through a fun stencil to give it color and design.  Next, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using an Embossing Folder from Altenew.
I had another good excuse to use my FUN new Zesty Lemon Dies from Lawn Fawn again with the Lemonade Oxide Inks.  The sentiment I added is from Stamp Simply.  The finishing touch was a piece of antique lace that I laid across my card and tied a bow with on the left-hand side.  I just love all that texture.
SO.....what speaks to your creative side from this awesome inspiration photo?  We're looking forward to see where your imagination takes you and what you will share with us this month.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today to take a peek at my inspiration for this FAB new challenge.
I'll be sharing my card in a few fun challenges as well.  Here's where I'm playing along:

Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge - Anything Goes (Optional Butterflies Twist) - I used a pretty Antique Linen Embossing Folder from Altenew

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Color Challenge - I think it's fair to say that I was inspired by the lemonade, but the yellow and blue combination is what really called my name.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - June Challenge: Anything Goes - I used a fun stencil on my card with yellow and blue inks to give it a bright and fun background.

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous result from your interpretation of the inspiration photo Karen - love your colour palette and how you have used it, and all the gorgeous texture...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your beautiful card and the navy and the lemons together were meant for each other, love all the texture you have achieved and the creatively beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer card, cheery and I like all the texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, this card just screams SUMMERTIME!! Love how you stenciled that background (you are so clever). Thanks for another beautiful DT project and thanks too for sharing it with us at some of our other challenge blogs! Good Luck! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this card. Your background is amazing and all the elements work perfectly together. That paper clip is the perfect final touch, well done!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Karen, with lots of wonderful details! The yellow and blue looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Double D, Can You Handle The Pressure and Stencil Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet, I love the texture you have given to this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it and all the textures too on your summertime card michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.