Friday, March 16, 2012

All Things Vintage

I just love "vintage" things.  When I'm visiting my parents in Minnesota, I really enjoy going to antique stores and spending hours just searching through all the rooms in the antique stores looking at all sorts of trinkets and bobbets I can use in my crafting.  I have been really blessed to have these opportunities to look for vintage treasures.  This little card I made today doesn't have anything truly vintage on it, but it has that shabby feeling.  I used a little bit of vintage lace and lots of October Afternoon papers, some PTI felt, and machine sewing.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/03/all-change-and-some-shabby-vintage.html - Shabby and Vintage (that's my card)

http://www.lilypad.inlinkz.com/2012/03/16/the-stamps-of-life-presents-virginias-view-challenge/ - Lily Pad Cards:  Virginia's View.  It is based on this inspiration photo:
And last, but certainly NOT least by ANY means:
http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/03/simon-says-bit-o-green.html - Simon Says. . . A Bit-O-Green

http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/03/pile-it-on-11-st-patricks-day-andor.html - St. Patrick's or Shades of Green - I absolutely LOVE Pile it On's Challenges.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy your weekend, and I will be popping by your blogs to take a peek at your creations.

Blessings,
Karen

20 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love the shabbiness =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love those October Afternoon papers... one of my favorite companies. This is beautiful!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - beautiful layering on this pretty card. Love the lace, flower and the great papers that you used. Thanks for joining us this week with this lovely card at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the quilted effect great card.
    .

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! You included so many wonderful details! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen,
    You are so sweet!!!!! thanks!!!!!!!! We love to hear from you gals that you are enjoying the team's work and immense effort they put to keep the Pile It On! blog.

    thanks again!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, very Spring looking, and you hand dyed "ribbon" looks incredible. Hugs to you today, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sweetness in your card. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. trop mignon avec ces couleurs douces, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great lace and papers! I love how you stitched them together and the sweet little hello tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really sweet and lovely card with shabby colours!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! Thank you so much for sharing, and it is so refreshing to see that others love vintage as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So soft and pretty! Your cards has so many lovely elements! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at Lily Pad (Virginia's View)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, it has a gorgeous shabby chic feel to it, I love those papers. Thanks for joining in with our Shabby/Vintage challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card, and we love you joining in at Pile It On challenge this time, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and all the nice compliments. I would love to have you as a follower. I'll also be following your blog. Your work is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty, Karen! Love your colors, and the vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a lovely card - a perfect patchwork! Thank you so much for playing and sharing at the Lily Pad!. Hugs & Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colours, layout and stitching. This is a winner of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card chick - I love your bit of green :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.