Wednesday, October 2, 2013

All In God's Perfect Time

How many of you remember the song recorded by the Byrd's that was based on Bible verses found in the Book of Ecclesiastes?  It was very popular, and one that most of us can remember.  This is because it had not only a catchy tune, but a very powerful message.  God's Word is such a blessing to us.  Whether we enjoy it for reading and studying, meditating, using in our art, in music, or however we choose to use it - God's Word blesses and enriches our lives.  These verses tell us that all things happen in God's perfect time, and that all things have an appointed time.  Ecclesiastes 3:1 is our scripture for this week's free word art file at Word Art Wednesday.  I hope it is a blessing to you, and that you will stop by to play along with us in this week's challenge.  We have THREE prizes this week.
Karen Letchworth for Word Art Wednesday
My card was made using some very old Scenic Route patterned papers from my stash, a Jolee's pumpkin (also from my stash), some inking, machine stitching, buttons, baker's twine and jute.   Pretty simple card.  I'm sharing it in the following challenges:

Twist of Faith Cards Challenge - Challenge #57 - Inspired By a Song - Do you remember the popular song recorded by The Byrd's - To Everything, Turn Turn Turn, There Is a Season, Turn Turn Turn, and a time to every purpose under Heaven.

Simon Says Challenge Blog - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
 
I thank you for stopping by to visit. I always enjoy the sweet comments you leave, and I look forward to stopping by your blog to visit you and enjoy the art you've created this week.  Please remember to share your creations in our challenge (since we're always Anything Goes) at Word Art Wednesday.
 
Blessings,
Karen
 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen! I love that pumpkin!! So cute!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful fall card! Love the sentiment and that cute little pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen! I love the song you've used as your inspiration for this project! I'm sure I'll be humming it for the rest of the day as it is now stuck in my head! LOL And the verse is such an awesome reminder of Who is in charge and that He has a purpose for all situations and the timing belongs to Him! So great that you could join with us at Twist of Faith again this week! Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Tracey F., DT Twist of Faith Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Karen! It is a little bit whimsical but still focuses on the verse!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Karen! Turn,turn,turn..love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I do remember that song. In fact, it helped me remember the Scripture passage. Your card is truly lovely! Your pumpkin is amazing. Thanks for sharing it on Twist of Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun pumpkin, lively colors, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cuutee punpkin and adorable color you use on this card...I cannot stitching ...two tumbs for you...love your stitching here too,...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the scripture and yes I remember the song! Thanks for the inspiration and joining in this weeks challenge. I'm singing the song right now. -- Twist of Faith DT - Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all so wonderful, Karen.... and one of my favourite songs.... and such a beautiful scripture..... thanks for sharing with us at Twist of Faith!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. You referred to this as a simple card but it would take me long to even copy it! You are too modest, Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.