Monday, March 30, 2015

Color Challenge at The Kraft Journal

There was a time when Color Challenges would really stress me out, and I would feel tortured to include all the colors in some intricate way on my project.  It took time, but I finally learned to enjoy color challenges by learning to take what inspires me or speaks to my own personal sense of style, and leaving the rest. The idea is to HAVE FUN!  And if it's fun you're looking for, then The Kraft Journal is the place to be.  We have a great challenge every week, and you could be the lucky winner of a $15 gift certificate to the Kraft Outlet.
For my card for this week's Color Challenge, I started with a Brown Kraft Notecard and to that I added a base cut from Light Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock and adhered that to the front of the Brown Kraft Notecard.  Once that base was set, I used a square punch to make squares from purple, yellow and green patterned paper that I inked on their edges.  I spaced them apart (somewhat) evenly, attached a Melissa Frances rub-on sentiment to a scrap of Light Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock using my Bone Folder Tool.  I added a few coordinating buttons here and there, and tied either Light Green Baker's Twine or Natural Hemp Cord to the center of each one.  I really do hope you'll play along in this week's challenge.
 
Have an awesome week!
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Fun challenge beautiful card Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, Karen. Love all the pretty buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design,this is fabulous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect Karen! Love the way you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delightful. Wonderful design and the buttons are perfect additions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun indeed, Karen... love these colorful patterns and the tied buttons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great use of the colours Karen - love this card, so bright and cheerful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Karen,the colors are shouting SPRING! to me (what a pity as we're in Autumn here in NZ) I love your creation, Annx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle a du peps et de l'énergie cette création, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.