Friday, January 19, 2018

Getting Kitchy

Hello!  I'm so glad you're here.  Today I'm sharing a card I made using a Bo Bunny line called Kiss The Cook.  I purchased this line last Summer while I was crafting with my BFF, and I ended up ordering even more of it because we made a darling little recipe album and I wanted the adorable recipe cards that came with this line.  I found them (and I'm not kidding, probably the last known set available anywhere) on Etsy and swooped them up right away.  I still haven't posted that ADORABLE album.  If I can get it finished this weekend, I will post and share it.  It's so sweet!  Anyway.....
This card was inspired  by the FUN challenge taking place now over at Double D Challenge Blog.  I used a cream card stock base and attached the red gingham patterned paper from the Kiss The Cook collection.  I machine stitched it for that homespun "kitchy" look and then added a length of crinkled seam binding and tied a bow with that.  I attached a small chipboard tag from the set on top of the bow.  For the background, I used the silhouette image of the cook (that's actually me...LOL).  Then, I used the chipboard sentiment banner (Making Memories) by lifting it with 3-D tape.  What a fun card!
I really am grateful for your visit to my blog.  If you are a person of prayer, I'd greatly appreciate your prayers one week from today when I undergo a right rotator cuff repair (shoulder surgery) to six a three year old tear in my shoulder that I can no longer ignore.  I'm sad that I won't be able to craft for a while; but SO grateful that Blogger allows us to schedule ahead.

Here's where I'm sharing my card:

Double D Challenges - The Kitchen Is The Heart Of The Home - This is SO true!  
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Add A Sentiment - My sentiment (Making Memories) is a chipboard banner.

Three Amigos Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January Challenge - I used Bo Bunny

Have a blessed day,
Karen


21 comments:

  1. A sweet card, Karen. The kitchen really is the heart. I have so many wonderful memories and hope to make many more. I'll be in prayer for the surgery. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card, Karen. The kitchen really is the heart. I have so many wonderful memories and hope to make many more. I'll be in prayer for the surgery. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are always so cute. I hope to see that recipe album too. LOVE this line.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is gorgeous. Love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Karen - love your colours and the silhouette image is fabulous. Yes I will pray for you - I have surgery on the 25th on a nerve in my right arm, so I too may be out of action for a while!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work, as always! and I'd love to see the recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is just FABULOUS Karen! So glad you found the time to create! LOVE the silhouette and all the pretty red gingham! Perfect! I will certainly be praying for you next week during your surgery and after, during the healing process. Yes it takes awhile and some PT to get back to normal but you will feel SO MUCH BETTER once you are healed. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Kitchen is Where the Heart Is’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this card is awesome! I love the gingham, the silhouette, and all of those wonderful layers! Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I hope we see more of your beautiful work at Three Amigos. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect card for this challenge. Love the gingham and how you layered your sentiment. Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us again in future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Karen, this is simply wonderful! Ack, that little clip board -- so cute! You're very lucky to have found those recipe cards. You've made a really outstanding card here, and I LOVE the recipe book! Good luck with your shoulder surgery. Think good thoughts about crafting when you're all healed up. Thanks again for sharing in our kitchen challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your kitchen card! You know how much I love gingham. ;) You were lucky to find more of that cute Bo Bunny collection too. Sending you good wishes for your upcoming shoulder surgery. I have a friend that had the same surgery a couple of years ago and she is so glad she did. During your healing and no crafting time, just look for ideas on Pinterest, etc. and plan pretty projects. That way when you are all well, you can steam ahead! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love it. Thank you very much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add a Sentiment Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy your pretty cards, Karen. Love the sweet details you put into them. Best wishes for your surgery and a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card, great choice of paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNS Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and love the entire design and of course that gingham, isn't it fun when you can find what you want and know it was 'just meant to be'!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry that it took me so long to get here! I'm up to my neck in 1099s at work and working lots of extra hours... but I"m here now and wow! Love this! Love those papers and always love your designs! Beautiful and thanks so much for playing along at Three Amigos again. I will admit I have not mailed your prize yet from last month... soon my friend... soon... and I'm thinking you've had your surgery... hope your recovery is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. C'est tellement joli, j'adore, biz

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all those beautiful vintage elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this Karen! Such a great project! Thanks for stopping by my blog~it was nice to see you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.