Friday, April 27, 2018

Feeling Better

I'll let you all in on what's been happening in my life the past few weeks.....I've been stuck flat in bed with a terrible flu.  It really knocked my socks off, and had me "down for the count".  There was a point when I really believed I was going to have to be hospitalized.  Not eating for more than a week, just feeling awful.  Please, friends, get your flu shot.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone (ok, well maybe one person...LOL).  Seriously though, it's just so good to be back to normal, feeling better, making cards and being able to live my life as usual.  Praise God for His love and care for me.
These cards both use a sweet Carta Bella line called Spring Market that I've been using a lot lately.  The papers are just SO beautiful.  I cut a doily from vintage music paper and inked it, added half a white doily, Ivory Burlap String, Natural Burlap String, Green Jute, a few stamen heads, a small chipboard piece in the center of the bow, a couple of stickers and chipboard pieces from the Spring Market line, and I inked everything.
The second card has a wreath cut using a Papertrey Ink die called Rustic Wreath Die, and I also cut a small tag using PTI's tag set.  The stamps are also from Carta Bella's sweet Spring Market line and I found that set at Hobby Lobby.  I attached the little tag with a rustic pin and attached a small torn piece of cotton ribbon.  Pretty simple, really.

I will be linking up my cards to a couple challenges.  Since I can't seem to figure out how to enter more than one card per blog post, I will probably post one of these cards on my Instagram account (which I don't really understand how to use).  I'm feeling old.  I just don't understand all these sites and how to use them properly, but it's high time I learned.
It's time for me to bathe the dog and get her combed out for her grooming appointment this evening.  I know that they will bathe and comb her, but it's a big job and I'd rather do it myself so that I know she's not stressing out.  She's a Miniature Schnauzer with a flowing undercarriage, so yeah...it's a job.  My work is never done!   LOL

Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - where Simon Says "Anything Goes"



11 comments:

  1. Praise God for your recovery and the ability to get back to doing something that you love...crafting. A beautiful card and thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been feeling bad, Karen, and glad it's behind you. Your card is lovely - thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, these are gorgeous. So glad that you are feeling better. It is good to get the flu shot and this year people have been so sick once they get it. Wishing that you feel even stronger soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling much better - the flue sounds horrible! Your card is beautiful! Hope you continue to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your feeling better now!! I love both of your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here we go with two lovely creations - hate being ill - and glad you are on the mend so you can get more crafting completed - great work always! smooches from Michigan! The Sunny State - at least today - tomorrow it could be Snow - that is the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet note on my blog myasperations. I love the lovely vintage feeling of your amazing creations. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS So sorry that you have been sick. My hubby has MS so we get the flu shot every year. If he gets it flu it could kill him. And... from talking with a few friends that suffered the flu, they were wishing to die! Amen for the return of your health. I'm praying that you'll have all your strength and energy back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear you have been down with the flu. I did get a flu shot and lucky never got it. My husband wont get one and lucky he didn't get it either. I hope your feeling better and able to build your strength back up. I love your two cards and creative style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are adorable !!!
    Praise God for His love and care for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.