Friday, August 31, 2018

My Talented Blog Friends

Well, I don't know about you.....but I gain SO much inspiration from my blog friends and Design Teammates.  I recently came across a gorgeous card that my talented RRR teammate, Ginny Nemchak, created last November using some Jen Hadfield Simple Life products.  I decided to recreate her card by putting my own spin on it (although it's still very similar to Ginny's card).

I used some corrugated burnt orange cardstock for the base, and laid a couple different patterned papers from the Jen Hadfield 6x6 paper pad.  I cut a Cheery Lynn Designs doily die cut in white, and then placed a card (Hello) from this same line as the focal point.  I ran some Burnt Orange Seam Binding up the side of my card and tied a bow with it, and then topped that with some bundled Ivory Burlap String and a few Orange Open End Roses.
I also attached some thin white trim, a small button, and I used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Hickory Smoke and Burlap) to touch the edges of my papers.  I really loved Ginny's card (obviously) and it inspired me so much.  It's always great to be inspired by others, but it's also very important to give credit to the original artist who inspires you.  With that said....thank you, Ginny.


Here's where I'm sharing this sweet little card:

Simon Says Stamp: Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Have a blessed day,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Karen - love the white trim over the orange ribbon, and the corrugated base is a great touch
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the papers and the orange roses. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen! Your little floral arrangement looks so pretty on the bows and the colours are wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.