Friday, November 16, 2018

Paper Sweeties New Release Rewind

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you've enjoyed my Paper Sweeties New Release projects using the adorable new Merry Stamp Set.  But....if you missed my other projects, or my teammates' projects, you can see my New Release Sneak Peek and my New Release Day Celebration posts by clicking on the highlighted links.  Today, as we wrap up the new release from Paper Sweeties, I decided to share a sweet little Christmas tag.
I was smart enough to create my New Release Sneak Peek and New Release Day projects pre-surgery.  However, I failed to create my project for today until now.  And because I'm very limited with what I'm able to create with one arm, I chose to make a tag.  You'll probably even notice (in the close-ups) that my embroidery isn't on point either.  My apologies, friends.
The good news is this.....with Paper Sweeties adorable stamps, dies and more, it's impossible to create anything less than SUPER cute because their products are so very sweet.  We know you will love everything you buy from Paper Sweeties, and that you'll have endless fun creating with their high-quality, super adorable products.
I used the For You Sweet Cuts (adorable tag die) to create my tag.  It's cut from muslin; as is the sentiment piece (inside oval).  I used the Oval Scallop Frames Sweet Cuts to cut the muslin for my sentiment.  I stamped the word JINGLE using the new Merry Stamp Set, and then I straight-stitched over the stamped word with a deep red DMC floss.  The outer part of the Oval Scallop Frame Sweet Cuts was cut from green wool felt.  I also added some Sugar Sprinkles Sequins and some vintage baker's twine.  Sweetness!  Here are my teammates who have something AMAZING to share with you today:




I'm sharing my Christmas tag here:

Tracey McNeeley's 25 Days of Christmas Tags - This tag was inspired by two people (ideas).  One was my Sweeties teammate, Lisa Golzbein, on Day 6, who gave me the idea of using our scalloped frames (but I used oval rather than rectangle).  I was also inspired by the talented Jennifer Jackson (and a few of her teammates) from Newton's Nook on Day 5 using their cute new ornament die.  I was drawn to the empty oval space in the centers of their ornaments where they added their sentiment/focal point.  I combined those two inspiring tag elements to come up with mine.  I've been so inspired by this event.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag! I love the texture!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I love how the embroidery looks on the front of this card. What a great idea😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen your embroidered tag is just beautiful! What a creative idea to use embroidering with the stamp set. I guess we inspired each other this week because you gave me the idea to use the Merry stamp set for a non holiday themed card today! I just loved your Love card from Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable tag. I love how you embroidered your focal point. Happy healing, too. Thanks so much for playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!! I LOVE the embroidery on it!! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute. I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tag Karen, your stitching is fabulous and fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.