Monday, November 12, 2018

Warm Wishes from Really Reasonable Ribbon

Welcome by my blog today as I share a sweet little homespun Christmas card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I had started this card quite some time ago, but never finished it.  So, with my wounded wing (right hand/arm) limitations, this was helpful. I picked up this unfinished card and added some Really Reasonable Ribbon goodness for the finishing touches it needed.  I originally had the card base, patterned paper and doily set in place but had laid the other items next to the card waiting to complete it.
At the top center, I added a few trims from this month's gorgeous Ribbon Club Assortment including a length of White Crochet Lace, 3/8" Light Pink Organza With Satin Center, and 3/8" Garden Rose Satin With Silver Metallic Edge, as well as some Ivory Burlap String to tie on my rusty jingle bells.
OK.....can we please talk about (my favorite accent) Double Head Stamens?  I know I say it often, but they're SO sweet!   They were recently restocked, and some colors have already sold out (because they're awesome).  This is one item I really think everyone should order.  They're so affordable, and they add such a fabulous touch to your projects.   I highly suggest stocking up now before they're all sold out again.  I tucked in several White Double Head Mini Stamens, Lavender Double Head Mini Stamens and Light Blue Double Head Stamens.  They're the best!
I added a few touches of acrylic paint splatter here and there as well as a touch of glitter, a Prima chipboard coffee mug piece, and a small tag that I stamped with a tiny sentiment (warm wishes), inked, and attached with a rusty pear-shaped safety pin to a cinnamon stick that I embellished with more Stamens and a glittered Pink Open Rose.  There's also a 30mm Pink & White Mulberry Leave and more Ivory Burlap String tucked under the rose. It's a fairly simple card, but the ribbons and stamens from Really Reasonable Ribbon are what make this card so sweet.
By the way, don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for the Really Reasonable Ribbon October Blog Hop where one lucky person will win this month's fabulous Ribbon Club Assortment

Blessings,
Karen
P.S.  I have an awesome give-away going on.  Simply click the highlighted link for all the details.  Karen's Antique Crafty Items Give-Away  People often ask..."what are those cool looking metal spikey things that people use to hold/display their cards for photos"?  .....and I'll tell you, they are floral frogs; and I have an antique floral frog in this fun give-away.  Just CLICK HERE to enter.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! So PRETTY and I love all the vintage elements.. fantastic card!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exquisite card Karen - love the soft colours and the pretty ribbon and floral accents
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layering on this card is amazing. I love the rusted bells and how you tucked the little flower middles in the cinnamon stick. So clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.