Friday, February 7, 2020

Flowering Canvas Hearts w/Glitter & Love

Welcome by my blog.  Today I'm sharing something I created that's a bit more "outside my comfort zone" so to speak.  You may have heard me admit in the past that I tend to create "within a box" and I seldom try new things.  I stay in my comfort zone (creatively) almost all the time.  I know this isn't something I'm happy about, and I do try to push myself from time to time.  Sadly, I've had more Pinterest fails than I'd care to admit; and it's frustrating when you try something new only to have it flop on you completely.  But I wasn't going to let that stop me.
I've made a new professional connection this year with a talented Mixed Media Artist named Seth Apter.  He has an AMAZING store called Seth Apter Designs, and I'm happy to say that he's an upcoming sponsor this year at Word Art Wednesday.  I fell IN LOVE with Seth's gorgeous Paper Artsy Paint Set #5 - Retired and I was SO bummed when I learned that it was not only sold out, but also retired.  Well, luckily, Seth restocked this GORGEOUS set of paints and I was lucky enough to grab a set while they're still available.  I suggest grabbing yourself a set of these beautiful colors before they're gone.  They're truly amazing and beautiful.  He's lots of really cool products.  It really helped me to create this fun Mixed Media project.  The torn parts of the canvas hearts look shabby and rugged.
I used some cardstocks, and painted several die-cut canvas hearts using the colors found in the Paper Artsy Paint Set #5 - Retired.  I had fun blending them together, and I love how they compliment one another in such a beautiful palette.  I also added some craft glue to attach lots of Prills, Microbeads and Glitter.  The stamped sentiment (LOVE) is from Paper Sweeties, and all the lovely Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This color combination is really fun, isn't it?
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at this fun card I created.  I would love to hear your thoughts on my venture into Mixed Media, and if you think I'm crazy to step out of my "happy little creative box"...LOL.  I really do appreciate any constructive criticism and input you can offer, and I thank you again for even taking the time to stop by my blog to take a look.  I hope you're having a blessed and creative week.  At a minimum, I sure had fun making this.
Happy and creative wishes to you all,
Karen

Here's where I'm playing along and linking up this fun project:

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - You're All Heart - All the hearts are cut from canvas, and my sentiment is a stamped Paper Sweeties (love) sentiment.

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Hearts Challenge - Each of my 💗 hearts is cut from canvas using die-cuts.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says Floral Frenzy - lots of pretty sweetheart blossoms

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says With Love - lots of canvas hearts, and my sentiment (love) is hand stamped.

Country View Challenge - Splatters, Splashes and Drips - When I splashed on the paint, I tried not to make it purposeful, and I even splattered and splashed it on the background cardstock, and all over the canvas hearts.  I did the same with the glitters, prills and microbeads.  I literally smeared craft glue all around, and just threw on the paints, glues, glitters and goodies everywhere.

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, so over the top creative. I am a fan of Seth Apter as well. He has amazing embossing powders. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Karen! I love the mixed media and of course you Paper Sweeties love sentiment! Have a lovely weekend - ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and beautiful card and design.. Loving what you used for this challenge. Thanks for entering into our HEARTS challenge, and good luck in the draw and hope you join us again.
    {aNNie Designer for Double D challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun and gorgeous. What a lovely work of art. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Karen you certainly challenged yourself and have a fabulous canvas as a result. Personally I think the flowers, beautiful as they are, would have 'worked' better if they had been a little paler in colour
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is amazing Karen!! I LOVE it!! While I enjoy trying new things, I also know all about those "Pinterest fails!" You sure got it right on this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is just AMAZING and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Karen! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful mixed media canvas and I love that you tried something new. I agree, the colors are really lovely, and especially nice in a heart themed project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing, Karen! So many gorgeous textures and beautiful colors! Now you'll have to step outside your comfort zone more often! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well lookie there - a mixed media queen! Way to go Karen - getting all messy with your creative art and creating a masterpiece - fabulous art I say - Bravo for you brave one - and continue to keeping your fingers messy with the ink and such - -- I am sure you had fun! It is beautiful! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much texture and dimension. Just lovely. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you join us for future challenges.

    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic!! I love all the gorgeous canvas hearts with the sprinkles of beads and glitter. The flowers are wonderful too and I really like the color combo. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog and thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!! And have fun in your mixed media adventures! / Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project, lovely colours and great design also! Love all the detail and glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining our Splatters, Splashes, and Drips challenge at Country View Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.