Sunday, January 26, 2020

Farm Fresh Milk

Hello, blog friends!  Thanks for stopping by.  As many of you know, I run a FUN and awesome challenge blog called Word Art Wednesday.  We have been so blessed over the years to have the most wonderful sponsors for our challenges.  One of those faithful sponsors I want to mention is Sharon over at Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  If you aren't yet familiar with Stamp Simply, I suggest you take a look at all their amazing products.  I just received in the mail yesterday their Farm Signage Stamp Set and coordinating dies.  I took them out this morning to make a card.  They're SO cute.
I used some Bo Bunny papers and ephemera that I inked, and I ran a width of red gingham ribbon across my card and tied a bow with it.  There's also an antique cream/milk bottle cap.  Using the Farm Signage Stamp Set, I stamped the sentiment on the milk bottle, and then stamped and die-cut the two cows (in black ink) and the chickens (in red ink).  I also die-cut a chicken wire background.   Here's a closer look.
I'm always SO grateful for your visits, and I really hope that you will do two things for me.  First, come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday; and second, check out Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  You will LOVE their wonderful selection.  Oh, and another great thing to check out is the BIG SALE over at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Lots of fun going on, for sure.

Have a blessed day,
Karen

I'll be linking up my Farm Fresh Milk Card in these FUN challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Besotted With Our Pets" - Do you find it strange that one would have chickens as pets?  It's true.  And here's a little tip for those of you who do have chickens that you allow in your farm house.....Place a face mask (the medical type) backwards on their booty.  The elastic goes on their belly, and the mask catches their "whoops" so they can come in the house (just for a minute, you know).  If you want to be really creative, you can sew or hot glue material, lace, etc. to make your chicken diapers cute.  Am I weird?  Please say no.  LOL

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Get Your Animal Stamps Inky - As I explained above, I just got this stamp set yesterday, and couldn't wait to ink them up (cows and chickens).

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous set Karen, and you have used them so wonderfully here - they fit your vintage style perfectly!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you're not weird but your story cracks me up. I can remember being little and visiting my grandparents. Their neighbor behind them had a small mini horse and that horse would occasionally go in and out. Then there's my Uncle who had a pet chicken but that's a sad story as mama's family was poor so you can imagine what happened to chi chi the chicken. Also, one of our girls on the House Mouse DT has chickens.

    Anyway, it's a really cute card and I love the red gingham. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Karen. Great mix of papers and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immensely lovely design. The darker colour palette appeals to me to no end.

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this country, vintage card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so tell me weird-o do you have a chicken as a pet and that is why you know about that mask diaper??? hehehe - you Know I do not think you are weird - a bit strange maybe - but weird???? No way - and if you are weird, well it is a cool kind of weird you know - cuz your the happy crafter! hehehe - from one "weirdo to another" have a blessed day full of crafty fun - that is what I say!--- off to my corner now to eat some chocolate - some ice cream and wash it all down with a Mocha Mocha! and I wonder who told me to eat ice cream ... I am not saying a word!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.