Wednesday, March 11, 2020

A Bit (More) O' The Green & MFT

Hello again, blog friends!  When I told you that I don't own a whole lot of green St. Patrick's Day items, I really wasn't kidding.  I had to think way outside the box to play along in some of the "green" challenges this week.  I thought perhaps I'd create a fun little tag to match the card I shared earlier.  I had more of those canvas scraps sitting on my scrap table, so I thought I'd do something fun with them once again.
I stenciled the same square pattern onto the canvas using a mixture of Gesso and green paint.  The canvas tag was cut using the Stitched Tags #1 Sweet Cuts, and I also inked it with Tim Holtz Walnut Ink.  I added some prills (just a few, for good measure, you know...lol) and then I attached some bundled Ivory Burlap String and a miniature green staple to attach the extra (smaller) tag that I hand cut from a canvas scrap and hand-stitched with a green four-leaf clover using DMC floss.
Just remind yourself that when you don't have the right supplies, you can hand make them in so many different ways.  I made the best of not having a shamrock (four-leaf clover) so I hand stitched one.  You can always improvise, right?
Well, I tried to be creative enough to allow myself to play along; and I enjoyed trying to be creative with what I have on hand.  Hope you're having a creative and happy week as well.  If nothing else, I'm staying sharp on my hand stitching skills.  LOL

Here's where I'm linking up my green tag project:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "A Bit O' Green" - Entry #2

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Use Some Green" - Entry #1

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Green/Photo Inspiration - Entry #2

And....before I run off completely, I'm also sharing a card I created for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This is the only MFT set I own (for now), so here we go.  I stamped the image (girl) and sentiment using my MFT stamp and coordinating die.  I added some inked papers, vellum, and also (since my girl is eating a PBJ sandwich) three PBJ sandwiches from a Paper Sweeties stamp set called Life Begins After Coffee.
This is fairly simple, and I fully realize that.  However, I was really just trying to keep it CAS (not my norm, as y'all know) and follow the sketch.  Since my girl is holding a PBJ, I added some more PBJs for the (3) elements in the sketch which I thought was kinda fun.  Here's a closer shot of my simple card.
Oh, let's be VERY clear...I am not a good Copic coloring artist.  I have no idea what I'm doing (pretty obvious), but taking some Copic classes has bee on my to-do list for a while now (among other things).  You know me.....box.....yeah.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by today.  I really do appreciate it.

My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #480 - I explained my card above, and delighted to play along.  I think my MFT stamp and die may be retired, but I still love it.  The sketch was super fun, and I always look forward to playing with more MFT stamp and products.


5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous projects Karen - the canvas projects are so out-of-the -box and innovative, and I love the CAS card - you really nailed that- well done!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute little tags with that adorable hand stitched shamrock!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you the clever one making these awesome canvas tags ... GREAT JOB, they are so much fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Green’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burlap tag! Lots of fun details and great use of stash. Thanks for joining the Double D, "It's All About the Green" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well why not? This is amazing and so creative. Thanks for joining in the fun and sharing this with us at Double D Challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.