Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tag It

Welcome by!  I've been trying some mixed media lately, and I must say that it's hit or miss.  I haven't got all the right products, and I certainly don't have all the right techniques.  Yet, I'm learning as I go and I'm having fun while I'm doing it.  That's what matters, right?  I really do love the different textures you get from using some of these products I'm learning about.
I used a grungy prim tag and painted it with light mint acrylic paint.  I also added some other ink, gesso, paint, a lot of mess, and some Mod Podge to attach the die-cut circle.  I also attached a Tim Holtz metal piece that I smeared with paint.  Some pretty Bay Leaf Seam Binding and a Tim Holtz rusty safety pin at the top are my finishing touches.  It's really a pretty simple tag, just messy.
Here are the FUN challenges where I'm sharing my tag (see list with links below), and I hope you're having fun creating beautiful things and playing along in challenges this week as well.  Have a great one!

Blessings,
Karen


3 comments:

  1. This is a great mixed media tag. I'm not that good at mixed media myself. You're right that you do need to have certain products as it certainly makes it easier. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really well! That s great that you are having fun with something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superbe, j'aime ces teintes douces, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.