Thursday, March 5, 2020

Tag It....Again

OK, I'm back to share another mixed media tag.  I've been so inspired lately by the style of all the fab projects on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges, and so I've been trying my hand at some of it.  As I mentioned in my last post, however, you really need certain products to achieve these looks.  I don't own all those products yet, so...I have to work with what I have for now, and just keep building my stash.  I do de-stash at the same time, and I give away a lot of the crafting items that I no longer use.
Anyway, I cut a tag using a Frantic Stamper tag die set from a pale yellow Bazill cardstock.  The top notch part of the tag die was cut from vintage sheet music, as was the heart (also backed with cardboard).  I inked everything with Tim Holtz Inks, and I added yellow prills to the outer edge of the heart.  I attached some inked cheesecloth and a sticker sentiment.
You'll see at the bottom of my tag, I stamped a text print stamp from PTI in Coal Ink onto the pale yellow background. Unfortunately, it's a little bit hard to see the pale yellow background, but it's color is pulled through here and there; and I thought the gold was a nice accent color.
At the top of my tag, I used some Cream Seam Binding and Gold Metallic String to tie a pretty bow.  I also added some gold glittered balls to give the tag more texture and color.  I'm hoping to make a matching card so that I can tuck the tag inside.  It's always fun to give tags as a gift set with a handmade card.   Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my tag.  Have a blessed day!

Karen

I'm playing along here as mentioned above:

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.