Monday, October 19, 2020

Being Properly Caffeinated

Hey friends, fellow crafters and coffee lovers.  Welcome by today as I share a caffeine fueled FUN card I created this afternoon - while sipping on my third vanilla latte of the day.  Yes, I'm addicted to caffeine, I admit it.  I know that's not necessarily a good thing and I do get headaches if I don't have caffeine; but I enjoy it and I'm not giving it up any time soon.  We all have our vices, right?  I wish I could say that caffeine is my only addiction.  I do tend to have the same problem when it comes to cute scrapbooking and card-making products as well.  Shhhh!!!  That can be out little secret.
I started with a cardstock base, and a brown cardstock that I dry (or pressure) embossed using a cute Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I tend to forget about my embossing folders, so it was fun to pull it out and use it on this card.  I ran some heart-beat zig zag machine stitching around the edges (as I did on my last card).  Too lazy to change the stitch selection on my machine?  Really?  Anyway, that explains my card base.
Next. I cut my tag using the Paper Sweeties For You Sweet Cuts from a library card and used that as my focal point.  I stamped and cut the cute coffee cup using another Paper Sweeties favorite called Keep Calm and Drink Coffee.  I used that same set to stamp the sentiment on my coffee cup and envelope.  The smaller coffee cup on my envelope is from the Paper Sweeties set called Tackle Life One Cup at A Time.  The frame to the left is the Scalloped Rectangle Frame Sweet Cuts, and the Seam Binding is also from Paper Sweeties, but I stained it with walnut ink.

I like to make a matching envelope for my cards.  I also like to make a matching bookmark or tag for my cards.  These things just make card-giving extra special and memorable.  Quick easy touches that mean so much.  Who wouldn't LOVE to get a sweet handmade card in the mail?  I know that any time I receive one, it makes me happy.  Why not send one to someone this week and let them know you're think about them.  I know it would mean a lot to them.  And...there's great joy in giving as well.  Thanks for stopping by.  It means so much to me, and I'll stop by to visit you as well.  Just leave me a comment to let me know that you were here.  Have a blessed week.  By the way, I'm playing along in the challenges listed below.  Come by and join the fun!
Karen
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog - Caffeine Fueled Paper Play - Use Sponsor Product - On this card, I used several FUN Paper Sweeties products.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Make a Card & Matching Envelope - This is my 5th and final entry into this fun challenge.

Pixie's Crafty Workshop/Pixie's Snippets Playground #389 - This card was SO much fun to make.  I've had this piece of cream paper (snippet/left over) sitting on my craft table for months now.  I had die-cut it into the rectangle frame, and this snippet just sat there for the longest time.  I decided to place it on this card, even though it is cream and the rest is white because I thought it gave a nice contrast.  I also used snippets of leftover white cardstock that were laying around on my table to stamp and cut the coffee  mug and steam.  You've just GOTTA use those snippets!!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous coffee flavoured card Karen - love it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! At least I am not the only one sipping lots of coffee these days. With the cooler weather I have been enjoying afternoon decaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the Mocha Mocha with this fun card and envelope! Best wishes in the draw on both of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous creation Karen. We all have our vices. lol!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing your cards and they include two of my favorite things -- texture and dimension!! This is such a pretty coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun coffee related card. You and I are both needing our caffeine. I made a coffee card today too. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Karen! And so many snippets used as well - bravo!

    Sorry I'm late commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these layers!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.