Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Unicorn Fun With Brutus Monroe

It's Wednesday already, and that means I'm posting again for Brutus Monroe.  This time I'm featuring the Unique Unicorn Inspiration Box, and I've sure been having fun making cards with this whimsical assortment of stamps, dies and accessories.  Every Inspiration Box has the same basic items (give or take) which includes a stamp/die set (in this case, Unique Unicorn theme), cardstocks, glitter paper, a ribbon assortment, a Sequin Mix, blank note cards, foiling/background sheets, and one other product which varies.
For this card, I started with some of the cardstocks (black and turquoise) and I added a piece of one of the foiling sheets.  It's already iridescent, so I didn't foil or ink it at all.  It's still really pretty and shimmery.  I ran a piece of the turquoise silk ribbon across my card and tied a pretty bow with it.  I also attached several sequins from the Sequin Mix found in this Inspiration Box.
The darling unicorn, sunshine and sentiment are all found in the Unique Unicorn Stamp Set; which is found in the Inspiration Box.  The Inspiration Boxes are a great value considering the stamp and die set alone would cost more than the entire Inspiration Box.  And, as I've shown you with the cards I've shared; the Inspiration Boxes make it very easy to create cute cards.  Just start with a card, add some of the cardstock or glitter paper, stamp some images, and.....you're well on your way.
To showcase the versatility of this Inspiration Box, I used it to create one year-round card.  Don't get the impression that the theme of a box is limited only to those images and sentiments.  Brutus Monroe designed these Inspiration Boxes to be used all year long by including various images and sentiments.  For this next card, I used the balloon image three times; and I watercolored each one; placing them onto a white background that I also watercolored.  The sentiments and balloon image are all included in the Unique Unicorn Stamp Set/Dies - which are all in this Inspiration Box.
I used some cardstocks from the Inspiration Box along with one patterned paper from my stash.  I did a bit of machine stitching, and I inked the edges.  The Tim Holtz Oxide Inks I used on this card include Spun Sugar and Salvaged Patina.  I really wanted to show you how EASY it is to create a simple, cute card.  The Inspiration Box always holds loads of creative potential.
This last card I created uses the brand new Inspiration Box, and let me say....it's amazing.  I used the large pumpkins image from the stamp set and embossed in gold.  I did some water coloring to my background.  Not my best work, but....it was fun.
All these cute images make your cards and projects speak happiness and FUN.  Receiving an Inspiration Box  is such a great way to spark (or sometimes "re-spark") your creativity.  When you open your first Inspiration Box, endless ideas just start flowing out and you can't help but create FUN cards and projects because these products make it SO easy.  I've tried to keep all my cards super simple so that every crafter can realize how easy it is to create something new.  Brutus Monroe carries LOTS of great products to help you expand your creativity.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great week!
Blessings,
Karen

I'm entering my card(s) in the following:
Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere - I used a Brutus Monroe stamp set and I used watercolors to paint the image.

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are really cute , that unicorn will be great for the baby's birthday at some point.

    The fall card is very nice you did a great job painting them. they look great.. I really like the Brutus Monroe Inspiration box's.
    as always great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your creations here. Your pumpkin card is wonderful, I really like that image. Lots of great work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.