Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Vintage Style at The Card Concept

It would be SO nice to have you stop by The Card Concept to play along in the FUN challenges there.  This week the theme is VINTAGE STYLE and there's a gorgeous inspiration photo to get you started.  I was immediately drawn to these pretty colors and the bird image.  What inspires you in this photo?
I started with a black cardstock base and added a piece of white watercolor paper that I cut with a Crimped Frame Die from The Greetery.   The pink shiplap pieces were also cut using a die-cut set from The Greetery (I just LOVE that store - Uh, Oh!!)  I stamped the music background with a fun Texture Tiles Stamp Set from SNSS and then I did just a bit of water coloring with Raspberry and Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.
I added some pretty Seam Binding, a length of bundled Black Burlap String, and a Sweetheart Blossom to give my card some texture.  I added a piece of Ruler Washi Tape, some ephemera, and did a bit of machine stitching to my card.  It's a fairly simple card, but I had to whip up something quickly because....I get my grandbabies tonight.  Well, two of them anyway - as well as our middle daughter and our handsome son-in-law.  This is their last trip to our house before they leave for their life as missionaries this Summer.  I know...don't even get me started.
I do hope you'll stop by The Card Concept to play along with us.  It's always more fun when everyone joins us, and we always love to see your wonderful creativity.  Have a great week, and happy crafting.  I can't wait to see what you'll create to share with us.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Vintage themed design, Karen. Love all of the elements & yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.