Wednesday, May 11, 2022

May Flowers at The Card Concept

Hello, sweet friends!  Welcome by today as I share my inspiration for the beautiful new challenge over at The Card Concept where we're celebrating May Flowers with this gorgeous inspiration photo.  I hope you'll come by and share your creations with us.
Don't you just LOVE those beautiful flowers?  I used the theme MAY FLOWERS - you know, as in "April Showers bring May Flowers"?  I veered away from the color scheme a bit (sorry).  The color pink was in the forefront of my mind as I sat down to create my card.
I used black and pink cardstock and a Scalloped Stitched Frame Die set from Poppy Stamps.  I cut the center piece from white watercolor paper and painted my background with Weathered Wood and Spun Sugar Oxide Inks.  The stamped sentiment is from Reverse Confetti.
Thanks for visiting me, and don't forget to pop over to The Card Concept to share your May Flowers with us.  We can't wait to see your wonderful creations.

I'm playing along here:
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge: Stamp and/or Dies and Why? - I would say both because you can (almost) always incorporate a die-cut for creating the card base, and you always (almost always) need a good stamped sentiment on your card.  Hey...they're both great (and necessary) so either way - together or separately, they're both awesome.

Reverse Confetti - Stock Your Stash: May Challenge - Birthday - This is a birthday card.  I actually like to make (similar to what you'd buy in the store) where the sentiment is on the outside (front) of the card.  This BIG FUN sentiment is from an adorable Reverse Confetti stamp set.  And I like to stamp the Happy Birthday on the inside.  And I used a Reverse Confetti stamp set (a different one) for that as well.

Tic Tac Toe Challenge Blog - Challenge #161 - My Tic Tac Toe is going up and down the first (left-hand) column which includes Layers, Bow and Floral.



Blessings,
Karen


7 comments:

  1. A really lovely design and pretty colour palette, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Karen - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great design and the use of the ribbon gives it a vintage look too. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for that lovely big sentiment. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and color combo. The bow is fabulous and the scallops and stitching are added details that just make the card even prettier! Thank you for sharing it with us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is divine! Love the bold sentiment on the outside and the stitching and ribbon just really sets it up perfectly!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.