Wednesday, January 4, 2023

A New Challenge at The Card Concept

Hello friends, and welcome by my blog today.  Do you have all your Christmas decorations put away yet?  I know some people like to keep up their Christmas tree well into January.  No judgement from me.  I love the pretty ornaments and I enjoy seeing them all year.  However, since our oldest daughter was born (on January 2); I've made it a point to always get ours put away before her Birthday party each year.  Well, she's grown now so I don't need to be in such a rush to put away the decorations.  When I made this card for the new challenge at The Card Concept, I decided to use a pretty ornament.
I used black cardstock and a gold glittery cardstock for the base.  I used some Crate Paper Peppermint Collection patterned papers and cut them with the Crimped Frames Dies from The Greetery.  The stamped image is from the Blessings & Beatitudes 1 Stamp Set by Stamp Simply  The 3-D ornament is also from the Crate Paper Peppermint Collection and I added some Ivory Baker's Twine.
I love layering patterned papers, and Crate Paper is one of my favorite companies.  I still own lots of this Peppermint Collection and I always enjoy using it.  I used the Freestyle Collage style for my card, and there are several styles of cards as defined here on the Card Concept Blog.  We look forward to seeing how this lovely photo inspires you.
Do the colors inspire you?  Or maybe the glasses, plates or greenery.....just use your imagination and create something to share with us.  We always love seeing what you create.  I decided to use an encouraging sentiment because, especially at the start of a new year, it's good to be reminded that the Lord God, Jesus, is always with us.  No matter WHAT you might be facing, He is always there with you.
I really do hope that you'll stop by The Card Concept Challenge to join the fun.  Thanks SO much for stopping by my blog today.  Your visits and comments mean so much to me.  I gain great strength every day by reading the precious verses God has given to us in His Word.  I hope that you, too, will find hope, strength and peace in the Lord, Jesus Christ.  He loves you so much.  Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Something New" - I used a new stamp set and a new die-cut on this card

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Light Up the New Year" - I'm lighting up the new year with the glittery paper and the Christmas ornament I used

My cup runneth over,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Such a nice card! I love the cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Beautiful card Karen, love your design. My brothers birthday is on the 5th, his wife keeps the decorations up until after his birthday! Mine are down asap hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking design and layering of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Karen - love the depth you have achieved with all the layering, and such a sweet ornament also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.