Thursday, July 13, 2023

July Blog Hop w\Really Reasonable Ribbon

If you LOVE a good Blog Hop, then you're in for a real treat.  Today starts the July Blog Hop at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and this Blog Hop has only six (6) stops in total, so it's quick and easy.  AND...one really lucky person who comments on each blog will WIN a generous $10 gift certificate to spend at Really Reasonable Ribbon PLUS two sheets of digital stamps from the FABULOUS Bonnie Garby Designs.  Now that's something worth hopping along to win.  I simply adore both of these amazing stores and I think that you will, too.  Hopefully, you arrived here by way of Bonnie's Blog; but if not, you can get caught up quickly as this is a short blog hop.
I'm sharing two similar, but different, cards in this Blog Hop.  My first card, shown above, started with white cardstock and a piece of patterned paper.  All the stamps (clouds, flamingo, palm trees, surf board, etc. images) I used are from Paper Sweeties, and the darling sentiments are both from Bonnie Garby Designs.  These fun sentiments were perfect to celebrate Summer, and I knew that Really Reasonable Ribbon would have the perfect trims to help me completely these cards.
I ran a length of pretty Fuchsia Wrinkle Ribbon and some Solid Lemonwood Baker's Twine and wrapped them around my card.  I topped that with a lovely little Miniature Pink Sweetheart Blossom.  I just love how the ribbons add texture to cards like nothing else can do.  It's the perfect finishing touch every time.  The sentiment spot and all the little stamped images are attached to the card using either Scor-Tape or 3-D Adhesive Foam Squares.
For my second card, I did away with the patterned paper background and used a fun stencil along with various pink shades of oxide inks to stencil the bright fun background.  I attached the stamped images once again using Scor-Tape and 3-D Adhesive Foam Squares.  The sentiment is another fabulous one from Bonnie Garby Designs.  I knew I also wanted to add some goodies from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I bundled up some Ivory Burlap String, Parrot Green Burlap String and Solid Deep Pink Baker's Twine and I topped them with a gorgeous Pink Cottage Rose.  No matter what I'm creating, I can always count on Really Reasonable Ribbon to have the perfect trims and flowers.  Their vast variety of Mulberry Flowers is always super helpful.
Feel free to ask any questions you  might have about the products I used.  I'm always happy to help you figure out anything you might be questioning because I really do hope you'll check out both Really Reasonable Ribbon and Bonnie Garby Designs.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget your next stop on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog where you'll answer one final question so that you'll be entered to WIN the fabulous prizes.  I'm so grateful for your visit today.

I'm playing along in these FUN and FAB challenges I love:

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - July Challenge - Anything Goes/Optional Birthday - The stencil I used is on my second card, and it's a bubble (circle) stencil that I used with various colors of pink oxide inks (Raspberry, Kitsch and Spun Sugar).

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favorite Thing To Do On Holiday - Beach or No Beach?  Well, despite the fact that these two cards are saying BEACH, YES....the truth is that I don't enjoy going to the beach for any holiday.  That's mainly because I sunburn so easily, so I try to stay out of the direct sun as much as possible on all Summer holidays.  I'd rather be inside enjoying food, music, and fun with family and friends.

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - The Great Outdoors - The water activities image is the one that spoke to me the most, but I also got inspiration from the pink/pastel photo.  Who doesn't love some surfting?  (not me....lol)  The Double D DT gave me so  much great inspiration as well.
Happy crafting to all you sweet and talented friends.

Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

  1. OH! These definitely sing Summer, what fabulous cards Karen, love the yellow paper background and the pink stencil background with the perfect images of Summer. You always have gorgeous details on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both designs are adorable, Karen. Love the bright colors and fun stencil on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, love both of these summer time themed cards, love how you have arranged everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen: The dies you used are so cute
    These cards are so sweet, I like them Both and the colors are perfect and Happy colors..
    Blessings My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards just make me smile! The colors are bright and the palm trees with the adorable flamingos say summer perfectly! Gorgeous!

    Sandra Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am smiling at your 2nd card...LOVE the multi-colored bow cluster!! I need to stretch my creative thinking to include your bow technique...I'm too tied into a single color. Love the flamingo image used on both cards...such summer fun! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flamingo and your little twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Karen - love your fabulous accents of twine and ribbon.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Again Karen: this card is adorable, I love the stamps and die cuts, they are perfectly.
    Blessings My Friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, so fun. And so very Florida!! Love it, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your cards are lovely, Karen! I especially like that fun stenciled background in the second one! I've been playing around with stencils more often lately and like the effect they can add to a card. Your use of ribbon and twine with 3D flowers really adds an elegant touch, too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog with the link to this fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These summer cards are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are super cute!! I love the bit of yellow twine and the tiny button on the first! Such a great little finishing touch. And thanks for letting me know about this hop; so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and FUN! Love your entire design and that awesome background! Bright and sunshiny happy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, The Great Outdoors Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH WOW what a fabulous creation my friend! Draws you right into some beach fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards, I love them both..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again ... Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.