Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Winter Warmth Challenge at The Card Concept

What does Winter Warmth mean to you?  I think about a warm cup of coffee or cocoa, being near a crackling fire, taking a hike outdoors, and enjoying all the things that come in the colder months.  Well, this month at The Card Concept, we're having a challenge based on the theme of Winter Warmth.  You can see the inspiration photo towards the bottom of this post, but you're welcome to share anything that says Winter Warmth to you.
I used kraft cardstock layered with dark wood patterned paper and some green gingham patterned paper.  Once I attached those, I added a length of torn May Arts Natural Canvas as well as a length of Natural Burlap String that I wrapped around the card to add texture.  The trees were cut using Tim Holtz Tree Dies and they were cut from white cardstock rubbed with Mowed Grass Oxide Ink.  I have them just peeking out at the top.
Before I go much further, I do want to mention that this card was totally inspired by my teammate, the talented Esther Asbury.  She recently made a similar card for Stamp Simply, and I loved it so much that I used her layout design for this card.  The journalling spot is from Verve, and the stamps (deer and vines) are found in the A Godly Man Stamp Set from Stamp Simply.
This is really a very simple card.  I was inspired, first by Esther, but also by the elements of wildlife, trees, colors, and textures from the inspiration photo.  What does the photo say to your creativity, and what will you create to share with us?  We can hardly wait to see.  Stop by The Card Concept to play along and share your Winter Warmth cards.  Happy crafting.
The colors, the textures, the moose (or any animal), the designs or any part of this that sparks your creativity will be perfect for this challenge.  Perhaps Winter Warmth means something different to you.....a cozy blanket, a cup of coffee, etc. Please come play along with us and share your inspiration at The Card Concept this month.  We look forward to seeing you there.

I'm playing along in the following:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Tie It Up" - I used canvas trim as well as Natural Burlap String to "tie it up".

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. very nice Karen,I like the colors they Chose. but I can't wait until March for it to get warm again.
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.