Thursday, March 7, 2024

March Word Power Challenge Guest Designer

Hello, creative friends!  Thanks for stopping by today as I share to inspire you in the hope that you'll stop by and play along in the March Challenge at Word Power Challenge #3 that starts Thursday, March 7.  As you might you guess from the name of the blog, the main focus of the cards you enter in this challenge need to make the WORDS the focal point of your card.  I made this fun card to get your creativity flowing.
I pulled out some much older patterned papers from an Echo Park line called Reflections by Lori Whitlock.  Yes, it's old stash paper; but I liked the map papers because they sort of go along with the sentiment stamp I used which says, "Happiness Is Not A Destination, It's A Way Of Life".  I stamped it right on the map paper.  The stamp is also super old.  It's from a (now long since closed down) My Craft Spot - a store I loved.  It's a little bit strange that I also used a floral patterned paper (the dark blues), but it's part of the line so it worked.
I also found a cool itty-bitty compass in my stash of metals, etc.  Some Solid Dark Green Baker's Twine was a perfect color accent to use for tying around my card and using to tie a bow on the side.  My only regret with this card is that I probably should have stamped the sentiment in black to stand out more, or at least a darker blue.  I used a blue because I was a little bit afraid of the black getting lost in all the other black lines of the patterned paper.
We all hope to see you and your wonderful art at the Word Power March Challenge.  Let us see how you put the power of words to your art.  Oh, I also did some stencilling on the focal card by using a circle/bubble stencil and rubbing it with Antique Linen Oxide Ink.  Yes, lots of ink going on everywhere.  Thanks so much for stopping by today, everyone.

I'm playing along in the following challenges:

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - March Challenge - Easter/Spring - I didn't create an Easter card, but I did use a circle stencil from Funky Fossil Designs on my background behind the sentiment.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Add a Sentiment" so I stamped the large sentiment right onto the map pattern paper.

Snippets Playground - Challenge #475 - Use Your Snippets - I haven't played along in this challenge for quite some time.  That never means, however, that I'm always using my snippets.  This card (as I explained above) uses some really old patterned papers from my stash, and I was really happy to enough enough big pieces of the map paper left over that I was able to use it in this way.  I like how the map paper looks on this card (even if it is too busy).

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. A true quote shown off beautifully Karen. I love the compass. A fabulous masculine card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I'm so sorry to have been unforgivably late in answering your lovely request for my address. I would love to have your daffodil card, but the cost of postage to the UK will be too much. A card sent from a cousin in Ohio, costs were awful, I thought. I know our postage is just awful and going up again, with slower deliveries too. So if you have a lovely friend or a person in a care home etc, then please send it to one of them, so they can enjoy your beautiful work. I couldn't find a contact email, so wrote here. Have a wonderful weekend, we have just had a snow shower, brrr here. Take care and thank you. Big Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Karen and sends an awesome message! Thanks so much for guest designing for us at Word Power and for sharing such amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen: What a Great card, I really like everything about it.
    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, an awesome card, so beautifully creative!! Thanks so much for being our guest designer at Word Power and also for joining our fun challenge at Stencil Fun!!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Karen - I love this card. Good to see you in the Snippets Playground with us!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card using up some of your older papers.
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.