Thursday, July 4, 2024

Fadoodles Blooms Stitching w/Whimsy Stamps

From the second I laid eyes on the CUTE Fadoodles Blooms Stamp Set from Whimsy Stamps, I knew I wanted to use it as a stitching stamp.  Now, the Fadoodles Blooms Stamp Set isn't actually a stitching set by design, but that's how I chose to use it.  The crisp lines were just a perfect outline for doing some hand stitching.
I used ivory cardstock and a dusty rose cardstock for my card base.  Using the scalloped outer edge from the largest die in the Mix & Match Scalloped Rectangle Frames Dies, I cut the dusty rose piece. I used the Fadoodles Blooms Stamp Set to stamp the larger sized and various sizes of individual flower stamps from this set to stamp the floral background in black ink.
I stamped the flowers and sentiment from the Fadoodles Blooms Stamp Set onto Aida cloth.  I then hand stitched the flowers using DMC floss in various colors.  The sentiment I stamped in the upper right-hand corner is also found in the Fadoodles Blooms Stamp Set.  I debated trying to stitch the sentiment as well but chose not to do so this time.  I will definitely be trying that sentiment stitching on my next card using this set to see if that works.  What a FUN and versatile stamp set.  That's what I love so much about Whimsy Stamps.
A piece of dusty rose seam binding was the finishing touch on this card.  There's no end to the creative possibilities that await you when you use products from Whimsy Stamps.  Try some hand-stitching, some inking, a new technique, something fun and different; and let Whimsy Stamps help you spark your creativity.  You can find LOTS of great Whimsy Stamps inspiration on the Whimsy Stamps Blog and on all the FAB social media.  Thanks for visiting me again today.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely precious! Love the use of burlap as your choice of material to stitch on.
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.