Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Just Relax w/Whimsy Stamps

As you stop by today, I hope that you are happy and blessed.  Things have been a struggle for me lately, but God is good and I keep pushing through it all.  I'm always grateful when I have time to get into my craft room and create something pretty.  As I started making this card, I realized that I wanted to do some stitching on those sweet little frames.  Everything I used on today's card can be found at Whimsy Stamps.
I used basic white cardstock for layers one and three.  For layer two, I used a striped patterned paper from the Mix & Match 2 6x6 Paper Pad.  For layer three, I used Spun Sugar Oxide Ink and the Twinkle Stencil.  I also embossed a portion of the white piece using the Daisy Embossing Folder.  You can see the wonderful texture in my close-up photo below.
I used the Slimline Scallop Die to cut the two sweet little frames.  These sweet dies leave tiny little pierced holes that I used to stitch around the edge with Cotton Candy Baker's Twine.  I tied a bow at the top of the upper frame.  How sweet!  That adorable little bunny as well as the super sweet sentiment are found in the Bunny Balloons Stamp Set.  Isn't that sweet?
I also used the Twinkle Stencil on the sentiment strip.  Some Pink Seam Binding was the finishing touch.  You can find all these wonderful products at Whimsy Stamps.  Thanks again for visiting me today and please stop by again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

Here's where I'll be sharing this sweet card:

The Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge - June is Favorite Shaped Dies - I just LOVE circles and ovals, and these dies are stitchable which I also LOVE.

Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge - June: Use Embossing Folder (I used a woven embossing folder on my white background paper.  Optional Twist of Fruits/Vegies.

Stencil Fun Challenge - June: Anything Goes with Stencil (I used a star twilight stencil in pink that's from Whimsy Stamps) Optional Birthday Twist (which I didn't use this time).

Inspiration Station Challenge - June: Photo Inspiration.  Just look at this gorgeous inspiration photo.  I was drawn to the PINK and the BALLOONS in the picture.  I also added pink ribbons and pink baker's twine which were inspired by the lovely photo as well.

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Karen - loving your use of the overlapping ovals and and soft colours
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very adorably cute Karen, love all the pretty layers and beautiful design, hope you have a happy week!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute. All your time in making this card was well worth it. So glad you joined in Die Cut Divas' "Your Favorite Die Cut Shapes" challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I love it and the wonderful sentiment, it's so true, love the bunny and design too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that is just adorable and I love the stitching on the frames too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continued prayers for you Karen, you'll pass through this particular season soon and things will be brighter. Your card is simply adorable, so sweet and soft in those pinks. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and inspiring us with your lovely card.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable - I love those colours and the sweet images - a very relaxing card. I love the stitched frames - I so want to try stitching but sewing machines and I don't get on. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.