Monday, June 3, 2024

New Release Mackinac Bridge w/Stamp Simply

The New Release from Stamp Simply continues this week with the beautiful Mackinac Bridge Stamp Set and coordinating Mackinac Bridge Dies.  This lovely set is easy to use on its own with the many endearing sentiments included in this new set, and it also works nicely with all the other stamps and dies from Stamp Simply.  You can see the New Release and ALL the wonderful products offered at Stamp Simply by clicking on the highlighted links at any time during my post.
I used white, steal blue and mustard cardstocks as my card base.  The fourth layer is white watercolor paper that I rubbed with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  I stamped the images directly onto the inked paper and colored the images a bit using my Copics.  I stamped the ducks again on white cardstock, colored them, cut them with the new Mackinac Bridge Dies, and then I cut them just below the water line so that the water beneath the birds remained blue.
This endearing sentiment is found in the new Mackinac Bridge Stamp Set along with several other wonderful sentiments to cover a variety of different occasions for versatility.  I grew up in Duluth, Minnesota so we would visit Mackinac Island and the surrounding areas on our family vacations.  By the way, we'd be that family in the blue wood-panelled station wagon with us un-seat belted kids in the way back waving at everyone as we went over the bridge.
What do you think of the new SS Edmund Fitzgerald Stamp Set and the new Mackinac Bridge Stamp Set?  I really love them; but after all, I love all things beautiful, historical and interesting.  It's also a part of my childhood, so there's that as well.  Thanks so much for visiting me today and please stop by again soon.

Blessings,


P.S.  Here's where I'm sharing my card:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Masculine" - While the Macinac Bridge and the great outdoors can be enjoyed by anyone, my card is a bit more masculine than feminine.  This one is going to my parents to THANK them for all those fabulous road trips we took and all the great memories we made together. 

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Karen, and what memories the stamps have evoked for you!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a winner at Die Cut Divas from our May challenge. Be sure to contact Die Cut Divas at thedcdivas@gmail.com so we may send your email address to our sponsor. If you've already contacted us through thedcdivas@gmail.com, disregard this email. Arlene at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.