Saturday, June 1, 2024

Summer Challenge at The Four Seasons

Summer is already upon us, and that means it's time for a FUN Summer themed challenge over at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.  We sure do hope that you will join us this month by sharing all your Summer themed cards and projects with us.  When I saw the awesome inspiration photo, I was immediately inspired by the lower left image (those yummy popsicles).  I have a Stampin' Up popsicle stamp set that I've been itching to use, and this was the perfect opportunity to pull it out and get creative for this FUN Summer Challenge.
I used some JilliBean Soup patterned paper, kraft cardstock, vellum and white cardstock to create this card.  I did some machine stitching (or so I thought....lol) until I realized that I had run out of thread in the machine.  I used a V-shaped border die cut from Sunny Studios to create the little purple apron that hangs down.  The popsicle sticks are stamped on and cut from cork paper.
There are several darling sentiments in this sweet Stampin' Up stamp set as well as these delicious popsicles, a cute ice cream cone, sprinkles and lots of fun little bits.  I used several colors of Tim Holtz Oxide Inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch, Milled Lavendar, Concord Grape, and Picked Raspberries.  The little sentiment square was cut using the Crimped Edges Dies from The Greetery.
Be sure to stop by The Four Seasons to play along with us all throughout the Month of June.  We always enjoy seeing your wonderful creativity and we appreciate you.  Happy crafting, and thanks so much for visiting me here today.  I'm always SO super grateful to have you leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my cards.  It makes me happy.

I'm playing along here:

Seize the Birthday Challenge Blog - Challenge #284 - Anything Goes (Optional: Use Metallics) I chose the Anything Goes option this time.  Although, I did quite by accident, happen to add a Tim Holtz miniature rusty paperclip.  So, I do have just a wee touch of metal.
Happy crafting, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Those popsicles look good enough to eat! Love your background and that "wee touch of metal" is a wonderful element. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW ... those popsicles look delicious! LOL What a fun creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I could really go for one of those ice pops right now! Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how this turned out and the colors certainly got my attention. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brings me back to sitting on the front porch steps with a summertime popsicle. And I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Karen a real treat to the eyes and so appealing in colour.. Love your play on words. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.