Monday, July 1, 2024

New Summer Challenge at The Four Seasons

Nobody needs to remind me that it's Summer.  Yikes!  We live in Las Vegas, Nevada where the Summer temps are, and have been, in the 100s for several months now.  We've been running the A/C round the clock and I run errands only when I must.  It's just too stinking hot out there for me.  I hope you're staying cool, chilling by the pool, sipping a cold beverage, and of course, finding lots of time to spend in your craft room.  I sure do PRAISE GOD for air conditioning.
My inspiration card for this fun new Summer challenge at The Four Seasons was prompted by the inspiration photo (below).  I, like some of you, wasn't sure what to use on my card because I don't necessarily have those exact items.  That's quite alright.  You don't have to use the photo literally.  It's simply a starting point.  The main thing to which I was drawn is the color pink.  Since I didn't have exactly what I wanted, I used what I have to make it work.
I recently won a challenge and received a gift card to spend at Waffle Flower.  I chose a lovely oval stitching die that I used on this card.  I took a piece of light kraft cardstock and used it for the base, and also used it to cut the oval.  I found the (free) cross stitch pattern on Pinterest for the cute little flamingo.  Once the flamingo was stitched, I attached it to a piece of white cardstock just for backing.  I attached that to a piece of hot pink gingham patterned paper.
The stamped sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  My finishing touches were some Green Wrinkle Ribbon, Hot Pink Baker's Twine and a few sequins for sparkle.  Like I mentioned above, you can use whatever you've got on hand and simply let the inspiration photo be a starting point.  Maybe it's just the colors that inspire you, but really any Summer cards and projects can be linked to this FUN challenge at The Four Seasons.  We look forward to seeing what you'll create to share with us this month.  Happy crafting, and thanks SO much for stopping by today.

I'm playing along here:


Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. OH! What a beautiful stitched card, love the flamingo and the gingham paper to match. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win and love the stitched Flamingo. Such a fun card for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW how creative! This is awesome Karen. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Karen - love your wee stitched flamingo, it's a perfect focal point for your pretty card :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is too cute and i love the frame of that oval die, I need to get mine out again :) Hope it cools down for you all soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.