Monday, October 14, 2024

Pastor Appreciation w/Stamp Simply

October is a special month.  It's the month set aside for showing appreciation to our pastors and those who bless us spiritually and encourage us in our walk with God.  Pastors (and Pastors' wives) are such special people.  Most of them are over-worked and under-paid.  They work countless hours, weekends, holidays and they make themselves available to others 24/7.  Many times, we forget to thank them for all they do.  At Stamp Simply, you can find several great stamps and dies to help you celebrate these special people in your life and let them know they really are appreciated.
I made this card by cutting a piece of basic cream cardstock.  I layered brown cardstock for the base with a plaid pattern paper from the Memory Box Woodsy Plaid Paper Pad (currently sold out - but similar to the Tartan Plaid).  Next, I used the cream cardstock again and a Tim Holtz Grunge Stencil to create my background.  I stamped Psalm 23 using the Deepest Sympathy Stamp Set.  I ran a length of Dark Brown Jute around my card.
The photo above shows you the inside of the card.  I repeated the patterned paper and attached a length of 1/4" Silk Ribbon.  I added a small kraft envelope to hold a gift card; and I decorated it to match the front of the card.  The wonderful sentiments were stamped using the Pastor & Ministry Appreciation Stamp Set.  This awesome stamp set includes sentiments to thank your pastor, pastor's wife and others in ministry.
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.  You'll find lots of great inspiration on the Stamp Simply Blog, and the perfect stamp sets for Pastor Appreciation and pretty much every occasion you can possibly imagine.  They really have a bit of everything.  I hope you'll stop by Stamp Simply to check out all their wonderful products.  Thanks so much for visiting me today, and happy crafting.

I'm sharing my card here:

Stencil FUN Challenge - October: Anything Goes w/a Stencil - Optional: Halloween - I used a Tim Holtz Grunge polka dot stencil - Entry #3/3

Love Those Pretty Papers - On this card, I used a cool brown plaid patterned paper from a Tartan Plaid pack.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fall Mood Board - I was inspired by the middle photo with the shades of brown, the book, etc. to create this card for pastor Appreciation Month.

Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! All your layers work perfectly together. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... just BEAUTIFUL Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Love Those Pretty Papers challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the best use of layers, Karen! Just love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.