Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Always Look for the Rainbow

Today is one of those days that's a bit gloomy, overcast, and somewhat dark.  The rain comes and goes, and you can feel Autumn in the air.  Whenever it rains, I always try to remember to look for the rainbow.  It's God's promise that He will never again flood the earth.  This type of weather is not typical here in Las Vegas, so it's kind of nice.  It makes me want to put on a crock pot of warm chili, and just sit at my scrapbook table and create.  I hope you are also enjoying this day that God has given us.

I just love My Mind's Eye products.  They offer so many beautiful products, and there's no end to what you can create with their fun and fabulous items.  This little card was made for a new challenge at http://www.mymindseye.typepad.com/blog/ and is based on Card Sketch Challenge #27 that you can learn all about here: http://mymindseye.typepad.com/blog/2011/09/blog-challenge-27-card.html  For this card, I used vintage sheet music for the base of the card, then added three strips of MME patterned papers, machine stitched them together, added a Fancy Pants felt piece which I also machine stitched to the project, I added My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Buttons tied with jute, and used a Papertrey Ink die cut for the word "forever".  It's a fairly simple card, but I like the soft feel to it.


I also entered this card into the challenge at http://www.bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.com/ for Challenge #19 - Button it Up - where you need to use one or more buttons on your project.  I chose to use these three beautiful My Mind's Eye buttons on my card.  They are so cute that I could never get enough of them.  You will want to pick some up if you haven't already.

I thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card.  I also encourage you to scroll down to my Give-Away post where you can enter to win an antique floral frog.  And, don't forget to "Always Look for the Rainbow".

Blessings,

Karen

15 comments:

  1. I really the design and colors you used for the card. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card and another beautiful thought. I always think my cup is half full rather than half empty so I think it's probably the same as always look for the rainbow. Happy days. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your choice of papers is excellent Karen! Another beautiful creation!

    Majo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card, especially being musical. It's such a simple design but really eye chatching! Found you through Bearly Mine Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY! I love anything with music so this one really caught my eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love this card. Its so beautiful. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a stunning card ! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Beautiful card. Thanks for the birthday wish. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so soft and pretty!! I love the papers you've used!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just GORGEOUS Karen! I LOVE MME papers also! I have to thank you, so so much, for the wonderful comment you left on my blog today! You have truly made my day! Thank you so much! I love making new stampy friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card what a terrific use of the buttons, the colours and design look superb thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow wee i love the texture on this make
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.