Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pretty Winter Mittens

It's Christmas Eve!  What a fun time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  While we know that this isn't truly the exact date of His birth, it's still the time of year when we acknowledge that God sent His only begotten Son to this earth to live a holy and perfect life.  He came to become a sacrifice for our sins.  He IS the awaited Messiah, and He truly IS the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  No more waiting, no more searching, God has provided a way for us to get to Heaven through the gift of Jesus.  Now, that's something worth celebrating!
 My gifts are all wrapped and placed under the tree, my Wild Rice Soup (a family tradition here at our house) is simmering in the crock pot, the cookies are all made, and we're enjoying some family time.  Yet, somehow or another, I found time to sneak off into my craft room to create a couple of sweet little Winter Mittens.  I took some pictures while there was still enough light outside, and I thought that I might as well just go ahead and post them.  Then, I will disappear for a few days as we celebrate Christmas.
 
My Winter Mittens were created using a Papertrey Ink mitten die.  On my pink mitten, I used a pink patterned winter print from October Afternoon as well as a layer of vellum, and added several trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon including the Juliet Crochet Lace, Pink Seam Binding, and May Arts Ivory Jute.  I also incorporated some painted and glittered bells, Crate Paper chipboard, and a Papertrey Ink stamped sentiment (wish) on a mini tag secured with a mini safety pin.
My blue mitten also uses an October Afternoon patterned paper and vellum for the mitten base.  Then, I added several trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon including the Juliet Crochet Lace, Red Double Ruffled Gingham, and May Arts burlap twine in red and ivory.  I also used a pipe cleaner candy cane, a painted and glittered bell, an October Afternoon ornament cut-out outlined with gold Stickles, and a Papertrey Ink stamped sentiment (Holiday Hugs).
I hope that you are all enjoying your Christmas Eve, and that this year is a wonderful one for you and your family.  We've certainly had a rough year, but we remain ever grateful for the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.  In the bigger picture, even when times are tough, we know that God has blessed us far beyond what we deserve. I'm SO grateful for each of you.  Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
My Cup Runneth Over,
Karen
 
I'm sharing my Winter Mittens in these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"
 
Inspired By Stamping - Challenge #89 - I used the Color Inspiration for this project.  I absolutely ADORE this color combo!

Curtain Call Challenges - Challenge #15 - Candy Canes - My candy cane is actually at the top left of my Blue Mitten.

My Craft Spot By Kimberly - Challenge #162 - Bag & Boxes - I made my Winter Mittens into "bags" by adding a second layer.  I'm thinking I will tuck some candies inside along with a gift card and use them for my sweet nieces!  You can easily make die-cut cards and projects into bags by die-cutting an extra layer and securing all edges except for the top!
 

21 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Karen! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mittens are DARLING, Karen! You always have something so cute to share, and to learn that you made them today is even more impressive. I'm hoping to get something done this week to enter in some challenges.
    Merry Christmas!
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again....I actually made a mitten and posted it on my blog. I had forgotten about this cute die-cut, so I pulled it out and gave it a try.
      Sierra

      Delete
  3. These are soooo cute! You turn out the most amazing things. I love the ribbon, lace, and twine.
    Merry Christmas, Karen. I am so happy our acquaintance has turned into a friendship. Have a wonderful few days as you celebrate Christ's birth and all it means to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your mitten card is simply beautiful. Merry Christmas and Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen these are just so fun with lovely little details on them. Would also look great in the kitchen. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season and a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mittens are so pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Karen - thanks for the great read on your blog today - I am so grateful that Jesus set me on a rock and forgave me of my sinful ways - thank you Jesus for loving mankind so much you were willing to buy us back with the cost of your bloods - we are truly bless - those that accept the Gospel - have a Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love love love them! I cut my mittens out from scratch....next year i have to buy that diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are darling! What fun creations! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mittens are darling! Thanks for joining us at IBS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just wonderful, Karen! Being a lover of pink, I especially gravitate toward that one. Never thought to add glitter to bells--gotta remember that for next year. Give your Schnauzer a pat on the head from me. Fritz & I just got back from another walk. I'll be glad when he gets older & not quite so full of vim & vigor--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mittens Karen - I really love the pink one. I trust you have a wonderful Christmas
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, Karen, these are super cute...I adore the pom pom trim...eeeccckkkk...I am so glad the die is getting some luv..*grin*. Happy New Year my friend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful! I especially love the sweet gingham mitten :) Merry Christmas~!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What adorable mittens!! I love those jingle bells and all of your lovely embellishments! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. super sweet! I love shaped cards. beautiful creations. thanks for playing with Curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous mittens Karen. They are both so sweet and pretty, beautifully embellished.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen, your mittens could not be lovelier! :o) I adore mitten-themed projects and yours are so beautifully. I love the color palettes, the abundance of trims, and of course the sweet detailing on each. These are sweet little masterpieces and I'm sure your nieces will treasure them always. :o) Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.