Monday, December 22, 2014

Red, Robin's Egg Blue and Gingham

One of my many favorite color combinations is red and robin's egg blue.  I also love seeing the gingham in this mix.  So when I saw the Color Challenge over at Inspired By Stamping, I knew that I would be entering more than once.  I already have a painted jar project in the works, and I will definitely be using this sweet color combination once again.  Here is the inspiration photo I used (and love)!
I started my card with a patterned paper from October Afternoon's 5 & Dime Collection, and added a piece of red gingham.  All my papers were inked, and machine stitched together.  Next, I added a square of gingham patterned paper and then created a flag/tag out of washi tapes.  The sentiment is a rub-on, and I also added a bow made from Baker's Twines and a button is placed in the center.  It's a fairly simple card, and I enjoyed having a sketch and color inspiration to follow.
I'm sharing my card here:
 
Inspired By Stamping - Challenge #89 - I took inspiration from BOTH the Sketch and the Color Challenges.

Curtain Call Challenge Blog - Challenge #15 - Although I didn't use a Candy Cane on this card, I was inspired by the AWESOME colors in the inspiration photo.

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party
 
Thanks for visiting, and have a wonderful week!
Karen

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love the patterned papers you used. So glad you joined us at IBS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous......Wishing you a Happy Christmas.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. c'est vraiment un mix adorable et plein de fraîcheur, j'adore, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore Gingham and your card is so bright and cheerful! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired by Stamping. Have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love this color combination, and I just might check out these challenges as well. It's one of my favorite color combos. Thanks for the inspiration, and for the heads up on more great challenges. I never know where to enter my cards when I do make them.
    Merry Christmas!
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen: this is so pretty pretty I love Gingham, to a bright a happy card . . . love the Blue and red you are such a inspiration to others.
    God Bless and Have a Very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely cheerful card this is Karen!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Love all the patterns you used! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely choice of papers for this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the different patterns on those papers. What a great design. The button looks great with the twine. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.