Monday, May 1, 2017

May Challenge at Paper Sweeties

Hello, sweeties!  Today is the first of May, and time for a fun new challenge at Paper Sweeties.  Just look at this gorgeous inspiration photo we have to inspire you.  Whatever you see in this photo that speaks to you - the colors, shapes, flowers, or anything that inspires your creativity is what you can use to help your imagination run wild.  We are so excited to see what you will create to share with us in this month's challenge.  One lucky person will win a $25 Gift Certificate to Paper Sweeties, and have the honor of Guest Designing with us.
I was inspired by that gorgeous jar full of vintage buttons.  I used several of my vintage buttons to outline the circular frame (that's a sneak peek of one of the fabulous new dies coming out later this month).  I also stamped Emma and used my Emma Sweet Cut to die-cut her.  I dressed Emma in an outfit from the I Pick You set by stamping it onto patterned paper and doing some coloring here and there.  I added some Oatmeal Seam Binding and Cotton Candy Seam Binding, as well as some sweet little flowers that I also saw in the inspiration photo.
The finishing touch was the sweet sentiment (thanks ever so much) that I stamped at the bottom of my card using the new Love You To Pieces stamp set, and I added a Sugar Sprinkles Sequin on either side of the sentiment.  I absolutely LOVE Paper Sweeties' sweet flower-shaped Sequins.  They're the cutest EVER, and come in over 20 fabulous colors!
Here's the complete list of all the Paper Sweeties designers who have prepared a special project today to help inspire you to play along with us this month.  You won't want to miss any of these fabulous posts, and we really do look forward to seeing YOUR creativity as well.  You aren't ever required to use Paper Sweeties products in order to play along, but if you have some; we always love to see them.  And this is a great time to get some new Paper Sweeties goodies!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Paper Sweeties

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the button wreath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Emma is so cute inside the scalloped circle with buttons!! Beautiful ribbon treatment with flowers, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is a beautiful take on the photo inspiration. Loving the button frame.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath of buttons and Emma is adorable...great combination of colors and your flowers surrounded by ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, your card is just gorgeous. Love all the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, this is so cute! I love the tiny button wreath! This is super creative and the colors are so soft and feminine too!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and I love the buttons. I have so many and this would be an awesome way to use them. I love the little girl and the card layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just Precious!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.