Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Today Is Your Day

Hello, and Happy 2018!!  I'm so glad you've stopped by today as I share a sweet card I made just this morning.  My day started very early as I had to help a friend by giving her a ride home from dropping off her car for repairs. Once I'd dropped her off at home, I swung by Tuesday Morning and I picked up a new 8x8 paper pad from Pebbles, Inc. Jen Hadfield's Simple Life.  The papers really caught my eye, and I just had to create something real quick to share.
I used some black Coredinations card stock for my base, and a scrap of yellow from my bin along with two of the patterned papers from this sweet new paper pad.  I did some machine stitching, and also drew some faux stitching in black onto the yellow paper.  I used a little Pebbles, Inc. tag (just a note) and a journalling card from the paper pad (today is your day), and a small Making Memories tag (good luck).  This encouraging card is being sent to my niece who just starting a new teaching job this year.  I want to encourage her as much as possible.
I also added lots of flowers including some Petaloo from my stash, some Flower Stamens (my new favorite), some Natural Burlap String, and several black, orange and yellow Open End Roses.  I tucked a Tim Holtz rusty paper clip at the top right.  I enjoy lots of little touches...as you've probably noticed.  LOL    Here's where I'm playing along:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Something New" - as explained above, I used this brand new 8x8 paper pad that I just picked up this morning.  And, I'm sending this card to my niece who just started a brand new job.  

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Something New" - as explained above, I used this brand new 8x8 paper pad that I just picked up this morning.  And, I'm sending this card to my niece who just started a brand new job.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous work with lovey details and paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful paper Karen, and you have made a stunning card using it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!It is just lovely!! Very pretty papers.
    I wish I had a Tuesday Morning near by...
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! I love the sewing elements, combination of patterned papers and gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another masterpiece Karen - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tu assembles les couleurs et les motifs comme personne, c'est superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.