Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Happy Happy Happy Birthday

Welcome by today!  I'd like to share this quick little card with you that I made for a dear friend.  I try to remember to send cards to pretty much everyone; but even I forget sometimes.  In this particular case, I forgot this friend's birthday last year.  So....I didn't want to let history repeat itself.  I made sure I had her card all ready to go this year - even a few days early.
I used some Crate Paper patterned papers and chipboard pieces from their Confetti line.  I've had this collection for quite some time, but I recently ran into the 12x12 chipboard at Tuesday Morning for just $1.99 so I picked up a couple more of them because all the pieces in the chipboard set are SO adorable.  For this card, I used the heart, the frame and the balloon.
I stamped the sentiment (Happy Happy Happy Birthday) using a Paper Sweeties stamp set. I inked the edges of all my patterned papers, and on the chipboard balloon; I added some twine and a felt die-cut bow topped with a miniature sweetheart blossom.  It's a fairly simple card, but I love the colors.  I'll be sharing my card in the challenges listed below.
Thanks for stopping by to peek,
Karen

Simon Says Stamp/Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

CropStop Challenge - August Linky Party #42 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Inks, Tombow Adhesive and May Arts Twine.

Cute 'N Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #4 - Anything Goes

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog - Challenge #452 - Color Inspiration


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Karen - I am sure it will be loved. What gorgeous accents you have there - how wonderful to be able to buy some more!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love on your card, Karen - the woodgrain in the background, your felt bow, and that sweet little heart! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out wonderful Karen and great buy on that Chipboard too like the frame and the layout of this lovely gem

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful paper! You've used them to make such a wonderful card! So glad you shared with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty birthday card, Karen! Love the soft colors and the wood background! So happy you linked up to Cropstop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trop bien, douceur et festivité associés, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card, love your felt bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.