Monday, August 27, 2018

Home Sweet Home Mini Album w RRR

Hello, sweet blogging crafty friends!  It's so nice to have you stop by my blog today as I share this sweet mini album I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  My BFF and I both fell in love with this gorgeous Carta Bella Spring Market line when it first came out, and we bought it ALL (and then some)!  I've used much of it here to create this sweet mini album.  The chipboard cover is covered with patterned paper that's inked on the edges with Tim Holtz Burlap Distress Ink and topped with a tea-stained doily, some paper ephemera and a chipboard sentiment (Home sweet Home) from this Spring Market line.  I also added a couple of October Afternoon journalling stickers and some vintage scotch tape.  At the top of the cover, I added a gathered length of Natural Burlap String topped with White Double Head Stamens,  and Pink Double Head Stamens, as well as a Deep Ivory Open End Rose and two Pink Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms.
On the second page (inside left - below) I added two of the patterned papers and inked them with Tim Holtz Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  Everything in my mini album is secured down with various length strips of Scor-Tape Adhesive.  I added a die-cut doily, a journalling sticker, a chipboard sentiment (smiles), some Pink and White Sweetheart Blossoms, and some Mixed Pinks and Ivory Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms to this photo mat page.
Page number three (seen below) is totally a photo page.  I didn't want to lay out specific photo mats on this page so that any size photo(s) can be added later.  I did ink the patterned paper, and I added a small chipboard sentiment piece, part of a Maya Road canvas tage, some Ivory Burlap String, Olive Burlap String, a Ivory Miniature Sweetheart Blossom, and a small journalling sticker.
You turn to the next page (number four on the inside left) and you will see two patterned papers inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, a journalling card with a stamped sentiment on a journalling card, and three (a pink, a white and a green) Acrylic Flowers from our Embellishments section.  I also ran a length of White Crochet Lace up the side of this page.
Move to the right, and you will see part of a folded glassine bag that makes up page five...which holds another small photo mat.  I added a die-cut doily, and on the right side of the doily I added a 25mm Green, Yellow and White Mulberry Leave (but sadly, I hot glued the leaf on upside down) topped with a length of Ivory Burlap String, a Deep Pink Open End Rose, two Ivory Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms, and some Pink Double Head Stamens.
Flip that glassine bag open, and you see page six which is the narrow side of the glassine bag. I created a cute tag to attach to this page.  I used lots of the sweet patterned papers, and I stamped a miniature tag with "love grows here" and hung it with a length of Cotton Candy Baker's Twine.  At the top of the tag, you will see a bow tied with Moss & Cream Plaid Ribbon.
To the right, you will see page seven which is the side of the glassine bag that's a bit wider.  I covered it with patterned paper and added a Spring Market sticker towards the top.  Near the bottom, I added a small Maya Road kraft with white polka dots envelope.  I added a Spring Market floral sticker to the little envelope and also attached a sweet 11mm White Heart Shaped Flatback Immitation Pearl Accent.
By now.....peeking out from the bottom right, you have probably already caught a glimpse or two of the tag I created and tucked into the glassine bag (just before the back cover).  I attached a cute patterned paper photo mat to some extra patterned paper to create the tag.  I attached a sweet floral "pull tab" to the tag so that you can easily pull it out of the glassine bag and attach a photo or tuck in other little momentos.  I made this "pull tab" of sorts by tying bows of the Moss & Cream Plaid Ribbon and Baby Pink Plaid Ribbon topped with a White Aster Daisy, some Pink and Ivory Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms, and some White and Pink Double Head Stamens.  SO pretty!
After that........the very boring back cover.  But I thought I'd show y'all anyway.  LOL   And on the wire binding, I added lengths of Burlap Pink Center-Stitch Ribbon, Ivory Natural Crochet Lace, and Moss & Cream Plaid Ribbon. Ribbons really do make everything even prettier!
I really am SO very grateful for your comments, thoughts and time. I wish blessings to you all as you create.  I hope that you will be sure to stop by Really Reasonable Ribbon to check out all their amazing products, and all the fabulous inspiration found every day on the RRR Blog!
Have an amazing day, and thanks again for stopping by!
Karen

Mini Album Makers Challenge Blog - August Challenge: Anything Goes
Dare 2B Artzy Challenge - August:  Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. This album is so adorable!! I had to buy me some ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon!!! I love the color combo of pink and green, so I love this album I have this paperline, thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful journal Karen - the front cover in particular really appeals to me
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen! I just love this fabulous color palette. This is one of the most beautiful books I've seen my friend! Truly incredible! We are so thankful you shared in our challenge at Mini Album Makers. Big hugs, Autumn PS. Make sure to add our challenge badge to your post to be eligible to win our prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created a beautiful mini album. Love the floral paper!!!
    Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy August Challenge! -Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful album! Thank you for sharing with us at Mini Album Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning album, every page is beautiful, your embellishments are wonderful too. Love this! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Mini Album Makers. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charmant, un petit air de printemps, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.