Wednesday, October 24, 2018

PLS Challenge at Word Art Wednesday

Hello, friends!  Praise the Lord I'm plugging along following my surgery.  It's not easy (or fun) but I'm getting just a little bit stronger each day, and the pain gets a bit more tolerable as well.  The initial surgical pain has subsided, and I'm now dealing with more of an ache that persists (especially following physical therapy/movement).  But amidst the chaos and struggles of my recovery.....the greatest joy of all.
Our oldest daughter, Andrea, gave birth to our first grandbaby.  Taylee Jean was born Monday evening, October 22.  She is beautiful, and I PRAISE GOD for her safe arrival.  I just know how she has given such joy already, and how she will continue to bless our family for years to come.  God is good......ALL the time!
So, I made this card for the new challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  Come, play along with us.  Our sponsors for this challenge are Pretty Little Studio and Stix2Anything Adhesives.  I used a Reverse Confetti die (confetti cut) called Wonky Stripes Panel for the backdrop, and then I printed the scripture, and added some bundled Black, Ivory and Natural Burlap String.   I topped that "little nest" with a sweet piece of Flair from our sponsor, Pretty Little Studio.  I also attached a Prima ticket, some vintage scotch tape, and a few acrylic dots.
Thanks for stopping by.  I love to share and blog, but my arm hurts.  I'm cutting this short, my friends.

Be blessed,
Karen

Reverse Confetti - Stock Your Stash Challenge - October: Thanksgiving & Friendship - I used the Reverse Confetti Wonky Stripe Panel Confetti Cut as the backdrop for my card

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations My friend! What a bundle of JOY!! And such a lovely designed card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...your first grandchild!! She is so Precious! I’m sure you’re receiving new strength daily and will soon be able to be together! So excited for your newest blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to comment on your blog for awhile now...my iPad is not cooperating and allowing me to leave comments. So today I was determined to get on the desk top and leave you a little note.
    I am so sorry about your surgery and pain. I will be praying for you and your continued improvement. Take care and get lots of rest.
    And Congratulations on your Beautiful new granddaughter!! Such a Blessing. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Grandma!!!! So happy for you and you are so blessed. By the way...beautiful card. Hehehe not that anything else matters now that there is a baby, right??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on the birth of your grand daughter - a wonderful blessing! I love the mix of elements on your card.. the crisp die cuts, cute owl flair, and swoon.. fancy bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new wee grand daughter - such a special time.!! Love your card Karen, and how you have presented the scripture
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Karen on the birth of your beautiful little granddaughter! She is good reason to bring quick recovery for you following your surgery. Sending you much love, hugs & prayers. And I adore your card as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.