Saturday, April 13, 2019

Really Reasonable Ribbon April Blog Hop

Hello!  Welcome by the Really Reasonable Ribbon April Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here by way of Cheryl's Blog; but if not, you can get caught up quickly by visiting the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog for all the details.  As we do each month, my teammates and I are sharing projects made with this month's GORGEOUS Ribbon Club Assortment.  Take a look at these amazing trims.
So, for today's Blog Hop I decided to make a Mini Bridal Album.  It's a great little gift to give a bride-to-be, or brand new bride.....or even, a "older" bride like me.  Just a super cute place to display a few small wedding photos. 

As I often like to do, I used glassine bags to create this little album.  I love that by using bags and envelopes, you get natural "pockets" for tucking in photos, etc.  I added a photo mat/journaling card that you will see sticking out of the back pocket of my little album.
The album was created using a Crate Paper line called Portrait; and it matched this month's Ribbon Club Assortment so nicely (as the RRR assortments always seem to do with all the lines I use).  On the cover of my album, I used an ephemera piece from this Portrait line by Crate Paper as my "title" per say.  Next, you will see that big beautiful bow made with lengths of 5/8" Charcoal Shimmer Satin5/8" Daffodil Shimmer Satin, Ivory Burlap String, and it's topped with some lovely 10mm Yellow Open End Roses, 15mm Parma Gray Open End Roses, and a 20mm Black Open End Rose.
Above you will see the first inside page (left) where I simply added a few strips of patterned papers and a few trims, including the 5/8" Daffodil Shimmer Satin and 3/8" Metal Gray Satin Swiss Mini Dots, to create the banners/flags as a border at the bottom left of this page.  I also added a small piece of washi tape just above the papers/ribbons to secure them for the long run.  RRR has lots of great Adhesives such as Score-Tape and 3-D Foam Tabs, to help you really hold together your treasured projects.  I use Really Reasonable Ribbon's Adhesives all the time on my projects.  They're awesome!
This next page, which is the inside right (Page 2) is covered with the same patterned papers using pieces of Score-Tape and I also added a small pieces of the 5/8" Charcoal Shimmer Satin, and 5/8" Daffodil Shimmer Satin, just as a small touch of color and texture.  You can also see my photo mat sticking out of the pocket (to the right).  I didn't pull this all the way out to photograph it (because I'm lazy) but I'll list all the trims I used.
This final photo is the back cover of my Mini Wedding Glassine Bag Album.  I added a small piece of the 3/8" Metal Gray Satin Swiss Mini Dots, and you can also see the back side of my "tucked inside the pocket" photo mat peeking out to reveal a length of the 3/8" Yellow/Gray Chevron Stripes Grosgrain Ribbon and a tiny rusty paperclip.  That's about it.  Your next stop on this hop will be at Kathy's Blog.  Don't forget to leave comments along the way, and then answer the final question on the RRR Blog so that you'll be entered to win this month's Ribbon Club Assortment.  Pretty....pretty......PRETTY!!!

Blessings to you,
Karen

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! This is such a pretty color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is beautiful, i dont know what glassine envelopes are but i want some lol ! ill hop on xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant, Karen! Love the way you used bags for the album base. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project! Love the elegant ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! I love the elegance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very nice. I love that you used many different ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely wee album Karen, and so tastefully made. Love the way you have used the colours and ribbons
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this paper collection goes so well with the ribbon. Wish you had done a tutorial for your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! I love the beautiful ribbons!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful album for wedding memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superbe! C'est si charmant et elegant, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.