Friday, May 24, 2019

Bright & Cheery

Hello, blog friends!  If you're here at my blog today, I'd like to thank you for visiting.  It's just one of those days when I'm able to share a card I created just for fun.  No Design Team assignments or anything...just me having a bit of fun in my craft room today.  I was super inspired by the beautiful mood board found in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  Those colors are absolutely lovely; so that inspired me as well as the Stencil Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  This cards incorporates both of those elements.

I started with a piece of pinkish paper that I stenciled using a brick stencil from Funky Fossil Designs.  I won some of Sarah's AWESOME stencils in the Coffee Hop a couple years ago, and I've just recently started using them.  Don't ask me why; but...I've failed to pull them out and use them.  So now, I'm trying to remedy that.  I stenciled the background in some of the bright beautiful colors found in the mood board.  Next, I added some strips of patterned papers.  I added a stamped sentiment on another piece of the stencilled background using a Picket Fence Studios stamp set.  The finishing touches include a small ephemera flower and some gold burlap string.

Below you will see links to the challenges where I'm sharing this card.  These particular challenges really inspired me to create this card, and I had fun doing it.  Again, thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek.  I hope you're having a great week.

Karen

Simon Says Stamp: Monday Challenge - Use Stencils -  As I mentioned above, I used a brick stencil from Funky Fossil Designs.  This challenge helped me remember to pull out this fun stencil and use it.  (something I should have done long ago and that I will hopefully do more often).

5 comments:

  1. Neat design! So Colorful! Have a great weekend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, what a beauty - love the colours and that gold burlap is perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bright and cheerful! Love your new stencil and the great papers you picked to go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the stencil Karen very much! So lovely! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lumineux et très original Karen, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.