Thursday, May 30, 2019

"You Got This" - Coffee

Hello, friends!  If you're here at my blog today, I surely do thank you for the visit.  I had a chance to create a card, once again, that was just for fun.  No Design Team assignments or pressure....just me in my craft room having a little fun.  I hadn't pulled out my fun old October Afternoon patterned papers and stickers, etc., in a while; so I put some together and machine stitched them to create my fun card base.  It's easy to see why I've always loved October Afternoon and why I have such an extensive stash of it.  I chose a coffee-themed card today because I was inspired by the new challenge over at Mod Squad.

The coffee mug, its sleeve, and the fun sentiment are from a Joy Clair stamp set called Coffee Lovers.  I use this set quite a bit, and I love the coffee cups and fun sentiments in this set.  The ribbons, seam binding, baker's twine, stamens and sweetheart blossoms are all from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  They always have the perfect accents for every project.

I put two October Afternoon journalling stickers together to create a space for stamping the sentiment.  I also stamped the coffee beans from this fun stamp set. as well as the different steam stamps that are coming out of the coffee cup.

I also used the patterned papers for the coffee cup by stamping it several times (on different patterns) and paper-piecing them together.  I did also do some coloring with my Copics.   It's never a stretch for me to make a coffee card, so this challenge was a great one for me to be inspired by.   I love giving them to all my coffee-loving friends and relatives....especially when we're meeting for coffee.

Here are the challenges that inspired me and where I'm  linking up my coffee card:

Blessings,
Karen

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Tea or Coffee - This was a perfect challenge to inspire me.  I'm such a coffee-lover, and I always enjoy making coffee-themed cards.

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge Blog:  Anything Goes - I always love to play along at SSS whenever I possibly can.


4 comments:

  1. This is really great!! I love it.
    Thank you for your inspiration you could enter this in the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #243 “Coffee, tea and/or chocolate”. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern papers are so pretty and I love the coffee cup!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card is so pretty. I love all your gorgeous details on your card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors and fru fru. Thanks for joining us at Modsquad Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.